Any Body Else Hate S&B Brass?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    I have a No.1 Mk.4 Lee Enfield in .303 Brit. On five occasions a reload caused a case separation with half the case lodged in the chamber. Upon inspection every single case was an S&B. No other brand of case has ever failed in that rifle. Makes me think S&B brass is garbage. Am I wrong?

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    I don't even touch S&B factory stuff anymore. Last three times i bought it i would get HORRID accuracy. About an 8" group At BEST at 7 yds and shooting as much as a foot high.

When i first shot it , it was after i had night sights installed on my handgun by a smith, and i had put in a trigger kit myself. I thought something was insanely wrong with my gun and stopped shooting, did a detail strip of gun at home to see if anything was wrong. Nope. It was the ammo.

Tried buying S&b two times after that and had same results. So I avoided that stuff from then on out.

Edit: this was with their .45acp if that matters.

aceinyerface

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Trying to reload Herters .45acp (made by S&B) about 20-25% of the primer pockets are so out of spec that the new primer deforms going in when using a Dillon 550B. It is only that brass that gives me an issue.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    I bought a couple of boxes of Herter's in .38 Special once and could barely get them to eject out of an old S&W after firing them.

CmbtEngineer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I've shot probably 2000 of their 45acp and I have been reloading the cases ever since, I haven't had any FTF or FTE or any reloading issues with their brass. I have shot roughly 900 rounds of their 223, and I have deprimed and and tumbled, but I have not reloaded any of the 223 yet, I will let you know if I do have any issues, it is the older light green boxes that I have experience with by the way.

Top Bottom