Any businesses with posted signage/explicit policy against concealed carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    As best I am aware of the law, the worst I could face is most likely being asked to leave. In an attempt to avoid any of that nonsense, would anyone care to share any local businesses they are aware of with a policy prohibiting concealed carry?

Walmart as best I can tell has no specific policy prohibiting it, just that a manager can ask you to leave.

Target seams to have taken a stance against carrying, though I choose not to patronize them for a variety of reasons.

I'm under the impression (please straighten me out if I'm mistaken) most typical restaurants (Chili's, Outback, ect) conceal carry is good to go outside of the bar area.

Anyone willing to correct my misunderstandings or offer additional information would be greatly appreciated. I searched around but didn't see any all inclusive list.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don't think anyone has "no concealed carry" signs; they just have "no gun" signs.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    As best I am aware of the law, the worst I could face is most likely being asked to leave. In an attempt to avoid any of that nonsense, would anyone care to share any local businesses they are aware of with a policy prohibiting concealed carry?

Walmart as best I can tell has no specific policy prohibiting it, just that a manager can ask you to leave.

Target seams to have taken a stance against carrying, though I choose not to patronize them for a variety of reasons.

I'm under the impression (please straighten me out if I'm mistaken) most typical restaurants (Chili's, Outback, ect) conceal carry is good to go outside of the bar area.

Anyone willing to correct my misunderstandings or offer additional information would be greatly appreciated. I searched around but didn't see any all inclusive list.

There are no signs at Walmart and the Corp. policy has been if it's legal in your state then it's legal. But if you're Conceal Carrying correctly how would anyone know?

OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula

I believe I have read Chili's is not a fan of Ccw

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    ....But if you're Conceal Carrying correctly how would anyone know?

Printing, bend over, my daughter loudly announcing it to the world (despite my best efforts, kids are kids). Optimally no one would know, but things happen.

I believe I have read Chili's is not a fan of Ccw
    Good to know.

They don't carry any weight with the law, unlike the 30.06/30.07 signs in Texas. Worse case they ask you to leave. If you refuse, you can get trespassed.

That is what I understood, it is nice to hear that confirmed.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dorignac's has a "NO WEAPONS" sign with a gun and knife, but they also have a JPSO deputy that guards the front door.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    attachment.php

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Just the other day I told my wife that I was going to get some red shirts printed up that say bathroom security and stand at the bathroom door in target with an earpiece in my ear and one of my fullsize pistols on my hip. She dang near laughed me out of the resturaunt.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Just the other day I told my wife that I was going to get some red shirts printed up that say bathroom security and stand at the bathroom door in target with an earpiece in my ear and one of my fullsize pistols on my hip. She dang near laughed me out of the resturaunt.

LOL. That would be awesome.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Kind of related: I think the Alexandria Social Security Office has gone crazy with security. Big signs on the door about No Weapons Allowed, a Security guard inside on a raised platform where he can overwatch the general waiting area, another guard dressed in a Homeland Security/SWAT outfit that appeared to be roaming, and now the individual windows have the 1/2 inch thick clear plastic like a bank. They even asked my son to leave when they saw the pocketclip of his pocketknife hanging out of his pocket. If they need that much security I don't think I want to go there anymore. Online is looking more and more attractive.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    PROHIBITED LOCATIONS

R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:

A law enforcement office, station, or building;

A detention facility, prison, or jail;

A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;

A polling place;

A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;

The state capitol building;

Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;

Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship; See RS 40:1379.3 (U)

A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;

Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.

Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.

The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

Top Bottom