Any Experience with Boker Anti-Grav Carbon/Ceramic Knife?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Looking to purchase as a gift for a friend.

I am impressed by the light weight and reasonable price but I have no personal experience with Boker or their knives.

Anyone have any thoughts or impressions with Boker products, or the Boker Anti-Grav in particular?

Thanks!

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    We sell them and I have handled a few of them. Very nice and lightweight. All our customers seem to be happy with them. That being said I have no long term or real-world hands on experience with them.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Keep in mind that ceramic is quite brittle and easy to snap with a little side pressure. Also, word I've found, says that there is enough steel so set off most metal detectors (if that's your reason for wanting, or friends reason). I know detectors have different sensitivities, so that may or may not be true.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Keep in mind that ceramic is quite brittle and easy to snap with a little side pressure. Also, word I've found, says that there is enough steel so set off most metal detectors (if that's your reason for wanting, or friends reason). I know detectors have different sensitivities, so that may or may not be true.

You are correct. The original ceramics were unable to set off metal detectors, but now they have a set amount of a material to set off metal detectors.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I particularly was interested in them because they're in carbon fiber and I'm a bit of a gearhead.

Also they fit the bill for a nice classy gift for my groomsmen that is substantial yet won't break the bank ($50/ea). :)

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    They are a very sweet looking knife. I almost got one once and it's still on my radar to eventually pick up, just for its neatness.

Top Bottom