Any labour lawyers out there?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Here's the gig. I work for a small co., less than 12 employees. we recently had our hours cut to 24 per week because we have very little work and none on the horizon. I took this time to look in to a new career truck driving, something I have been kicking around for a while. I got "pre-hired" with a real good company but it is conditional on me passing CDL school. I do not have the money to go to school so I applied for a grant. The money is there for the grant but I must be "unemployed" to get it. I went in today to talk with the owner of the company about laying me off and it did not go as expected. We have 4 guys in the shop and only enough work for 2 and that is only some of the time. Most of the man hours are spent just hanging around. When I asked her to lay me off she said she would not because she did not want her unemployment insurance to go up, this I do not understand. Would she rather pay people to do nothing than have her UI go up? apparently so. I have talked to people that have been there longer than me that have said they swept the floor for months. I don't want to sweep the floor for 24hrs a week I want to better myself.

WHAT CAN I DO????

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom