Any moonlighting 1911 smiffs in the NOLA area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I would like to have an "experienced" person in the NOLA area fit a thumb safety on one of my 1911s. I already replaced the sear and hammer with some Wilson Bullet proof parts so even though I tried to duplicate the filing of original thumb safety, it doesn't fit because the new sear is machined a little different. I would hate to drop it off at a smiff and wait 4 to 5 weeks for a 30 minute to an hour job and would gladly match the going rate of what a smiffy charges.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    if you dont mrivind the drive to gonzales, give Lloyd Landry a call. He may not be able to do it while you wait but he generally has extremely fast turn around. He is a school teacher by day, so the better times to contact him via telephone are early evening. ill pm you his email

Lloyd Landry
    225-647-1909

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Thank you. I don't mind going up to that area from here in NOLA. Gives me an excuse to go to Cabela's. Does he also fit grip safeties and refinishing like parkerizing? If so, he can be my one stop shop for getting all my work done in one spot. The gunsmith I was planning on having doing the work sends the gun off for refinishing. I don't want to pay for the added cost of the shipping charges.

Last edited:

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I dont believe he does any other finish besides cold bluing.

He doesn't refinish, but he does do all the machining I wish to have done. I think I'll just touch up the slide with cold blue where I plan to get the sharp edges taken off and try to DIY some spray and bake finish to the frame.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom