Any Nikon D70 users here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    My cousin called me yesterday and asked if I thought a used Nikon D70 camera was worth $xxxxxx. (I'd rather not post the price in case I decide to sell it here. lol) He saw one at a garage sale next door to his house. I said "If it is in decent condition and it works, heck yeah!" He didn't want it, but he knew I was into photography so we talked and he bought it for me. I went later and got it from him and paid him back. For the price paid... if it works... it was almost like stealing it!! The problem is, is that it didn't come with any lenses, memory card or battery charger. I'm wondering if someone in the Lake Charles, Jennings, Lafayette areas would have a D70 that would mind charging it up for me so I can at least see if it powers up before spending any money on it. (I believe a D50 and D80 charger would work also. I've had both in the past.)

Thanks for your time!

Grandpa23 (Patrick)

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    I think I found a friend here locally that has everything I need to find out if this camera is any good. :)
    Will repost later if I am still looking for assistance.

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    I borrowed a charger locally and got the battery fully charged. It now powers up and I am able to access the menu and change settings. I have a friend in Nebraska who is mailing me a lens for testing purposes. All I need now is a CF memory card and I will know if I made a good deal on the camera or not. LOL I will pick up a cheap card in the next day or so. Anyone very familiar with the D70 that would like to help me test out all of its functions?

Top Bottom