Any revolver shooters out there?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I'm not a tack driver with a semi autos but I'm pretty decent, so why do I suck with a revolver? Whether it's my single six or the 357, I'm so damn inconsistent with them. I really love revolvers, especially single actions, but I'm franking horrible with them. It's usually all over the target, but it tends to ride more left of my mark. Any tips?

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Someone can help me here, but consistently hitting off target is generally a grip problem. I recall seeing a target divided into quadrants detailing the problem depending on where rounds were hitting.

I was hoping to come here and find you sharing my problem. I'm lucky to hit the ground shooting a revolver in double action. Single action is as good as a scoped rifle for me....but I'm not smooth or patient enough for double action. However, a lack of practice on my part is my first issue.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Someone can help me here, but consistently hitting off target is generally a grip problem. I recall seeing a target divided into quadrants detailing the problem depending on where rounds were hitting.

I was hoping to come here and find you sharing my problem. I'm lucky to hit the ground shooting a revolver in double action. Single action is as good as a scoped rifle for me....but I'm not smooth or patient enough for double action. However, a lack of practice on my part is my first issue.

I think lack of practice is my main problem with impatience being a close second. I get discouraged, then frustrated, then put it down and grab the semi-autos. I know I know, that goes completely against the logic of practicing what your bad at.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Youre shooting SA? So crisp light trigger break?

That circle applies to a single handed grip with the right hand

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Try putting your finger a little deeper in the trigger well.. You might be seating the grip to deep in your palm.. I too hit a little high and left.. That's what I did to correct it.. I find revolvers much more accurate but I don't carry anything as much as an auto loader

Last edited:

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Relax your strong hand grip with the single action revolvers. Let it roll up in your hand. Don't yank on the trigger. Sounds like recoil anticipation.
    With D/A revos, grip as high as possible. Don't try to choke it to death. And pull the trigger with one smooth stroke.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Someone told me to use the pad of my finger on pistol triggers and the first joint on revolver triggers. It seemed to help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom