Any S.O./P.D. hiring

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    reserves can be a good way in.

be aware its a bit of time(hard on work and home life schedule) and you dont get paid.

Meh. If you want to be the police, go full time and be the police. Reserves don't work like the full time road guys do, and they only work 25-40 hours a month, as opposed to the amount of time the full time guys put in.

JR1572

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Meh. If you want to be the police, go full time and be the police. Reserves don't work like the full time road guys do, and they only work 25-40 hours a month, as opposed to the amount of time the full time guys put in.

JR1572
    for some its a start, just providing options.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    yep, not for everyone, but that's up to whoever goes that route.

I started as reserve because I wasn't sure if I wanted to really go law enforcement. I moved from there to part time while I finish up school. It's a great way to get your feet wet and see if you really like the job before you commit (quitting current job etc).

And for guys like me who didn't really need the money, but had a weekend to spare, it's a good way to give back to the community.

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Being a reserve officer/deputy is a fantastic option. I know several guys and girls who cant afford to give up their private sector job but still wanna provide this service to their communties. Reserves have the exact same authority as full time officers and deputies. They also have the flexibility to work their own hours/shifts. It's also a great option when the agency isnt hiring...your foot is in the door when they do open up. JPSO has a fantastic reserve program. Any full time officer or deputy who frowns upon a reserve needs to reevaluate their views.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Being a reserve officer/deputy is a fantastic option. I know several guys and girls who cant afford to give up their private sector job but still wanna provide this service to their communties. Reserves have the exact same authority as full time officers and deputies. They also have the flexibility to work their own hours/shifts. It's also a great option when the agency isnt hiring...your foot is in the door when they do open up. JPSO has a fantastic reserve program. Any full time officer or deputy who frowns upon a reserve needs to reevaluate their views.

I'm not frowning upon anyone. There are full time slugs just like there are reserve slugs.

There are also people who have joined as reserves to further their own personal business ventures.

JR1572

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    There are also people who have joined as reserves to further their own personal business ventures.

JR1572

How is that even possible? You don't Make money as a reserve, you spend it. A lot of it, in fact. I went Cheap and still shelled out thousands of dollars on uniforms, shotgun , rifle, duty gear, training ammo, etc.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    How is that even possible? You don't Make money as a reserve, you spend it. A lot of it, in fact. I went Cheap and still shelled out thousands of dollars on uniforms, shotgun , rifle, duty gear, training ammo, etc.

I owe you a PM from yesterday. I'll include an example of what I'm talking about in that PM.

JR1572

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    JPSO issues uniforms, firearms, and units to their reserves. They also work details out the wahzoo.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    How? Someone joins the reserves to try it out, then after doing it decides they like it so much they want to do it full time. It's not a bad thing at all.

JR1572

That's what I'm doing, also it will allow me to finish my associates degree. I feel its a wonderful opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom