anybody know a local store that carries these?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    i'm looking for these or something similar. if anybody knows of a store in ascension, ebr, livingston or tangipahoa that carries them i'd appreciate the update. thanks

FW36.jpg

http://www.lifesecure.com/productDetails.asp?product=70110

CJB71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    West Marine (Baton Rouge - Florida Blvd just west of Airline Hwy) has emergency rations similar to these - only they are in red vacuum foil packs the last time there.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    That looks like the old Oatmeal bars in the old MRE. And here's a funny story about that. Try to eat one of those old oatmeal bars in less than a minute with no fluid intake. Seen some try on a bet but never win. I guess when you 'grow-up' so to speak eating something you get used to it so I like the old MRE with the potato cake, ham loaf, pork patty, etc. Didn't like bad strawberries and other dried fruit, metal shavings in applesauce. I never eat in the dark since those days. I could go on about C-rats but that would be telling

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    If you have an internet connection and can get a UPS shipment these guys are "local".

http://beprepared.com/

They are made by Mainstay and Datrex. The Mainstay have a lemon cookie flavor where the Datrex have a coconut flavor.

They are not exactly tasty but beat going hungry. I keep a pack of the Mainstay in my car because they are not heat sensitive (& I do not like coconut:))

Top Bottom