Anyone been in Barking Irons gunstore in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    My son and I went in about 2 weeks ago, didn't get the service everyone else got. One guy sat behind the counter reading something or on the Internet, barely looked up when we walked in. Another guy came out the back, didn't speak at all to us. They were not busy as we were the only ones there, maybe they thought we were casing the joint or couldn't afford to buy anything. But those who know us or have met us, know what me and my son are about.
    We looked at everything they had and they never said a word to us. We walked out and my son said, "that was a waste of our time". We intentionally drove over there from Watson to check them out. At least at Jim's, the girl at the front will say "hello", and if you look long enough someone will ask, "can I help you?"
    Might give them another try in the future, will have to think about it.

Gunsmith76

Oct 9, 2011
    Gonzales
    Hi Company Man,

I am sorry you felt like you wasted your time in our store. That's certainly a deviation from the atmosphere in our store. We strive to give the best possible customer service. We have received extremly positive feedback, and it concerns me you did not receive a warm welcome. I will talk to my guys about it. Hope you give us another shot!

Barking Irons

Jan 11, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Made my first trip there today to pick up a transfer. The guy working there was super nice and enthusiastic, and there was another gentleman (assuming a customer) who was equally nice that talked to me about taking a conceal carry class that he teaches. It was a great experience and I'm definitely planning on doing business with them again.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom