Anyone build an outdoor kitchen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I am thinking about building an outdoor kitchen and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. I have done some research and it doesn't look like rocket science. I thought one of you guys may have some pointers or things you would have done differently with yours.

I am thinking about framing it with 18ga galvanized metal studs, covering it with dura rock, and slate tiles for countertop. I will probably only do a propane built in grill and a couple of stainless steel access doors.

Any thoughts?

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    IMO, if you ever want to add anything heavy to those walls, you'd be better off with wood studs.
    If you're concerned about rot, go with treated 2x4's in the cirtical areas.
    I'm planning on building something like that for my patio at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I built a brick and block one. Add a sink with at least cold water and a couple burners.

AABF15.jpg

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've thought about it. First I need to put a cover of some type between the house and the shed...

I've got a gas line handy but propane would be easier for most people. I like the built in blenders also (for chopping seasoning, really!).

Last edited:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Charles, that looks really nice.

I was thinking metal studs vs pressure treated because of the heat and risk of fire. Using the 18 ga instead of the cheap Home Depot metals studs I should be good to go on weight rating.
    I didnt think about vents, but will plan for them. Unfortunately I don't have a way to tie a sink drain in the the house so I will only be adding a grill and storage area.

I will be adding an aluminum patio cover to cover everything for the elements, and pavers or slate tile for the patio surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom