Anyone else hoping gas prices rise again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    $2.00 a gallon is a reasonable price for gas. I don't remember exactly where we were when Obama took office but it can't be far from that. Oil companies aren't starving. They've made good profits for the last seveal years. And if the price stays low then people will start driving more, meaning they sell more volume (which ticks the environmentalits off, which is always a plus! )

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    It's amusing to see that current temporarily low gas prices are apparently prompting more sales of bigger gas-guzzling SUV's, trucks, etc. -- with I suppose multi-year financing. Of course, when gas prices rebound (e.g., when the Saudis succeed in driving competition out of the market) many of those folks are gonna be crying...

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    It's amusing to see that current temporarily low gas prices are apparently prompting more sales of bigger gas-guzzling SUV's, trucks, etc. -- with I suppose multi-year financing. Of course, when gas prices rebound (e.g., when the Saudis succeed in driving competition out of the market) many of those folks are gonna be crying...
    The price of gas never really slowed down the sales of full size pick ups and suv's. Sales slowed down along with every thing else due to the overall economy but price of gas had little to do with it.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    The price of gas never really slowed down the sales of full size pick ups and suv's. Sales slowed down along with every thing else due to the overall economy but price of gas had little to do with it.

+1

Yeah people who can afford to buy a gas guzzler can also afford gas at $2 or $4 or $6 a gallon.

I recall circa ~2008 large SUV's were selling for 50 cents on the dollar but demand across the entire market was similarly down, and it was mostly due to the manufacturers still having giant inventories and nobody buying anything in general.

I bought a car and a truck that both take premium fuel that get MPG in the teens when gas was almost $4 a gallon. I'm not going to make my wife drive a Pinto to save a few dollars a week on gas.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    +1

Yeah people who can afford to buy a gas guzzler can also afford gas at $2 or $4 or $6 a gallon.

I recall circa ~2008 large SUV's were selling for 50 cents on the dollar but demand across the entire market was similarly down, and it was mostly due to the manufacturers still having giant inventories and nobody buying anything in general.

I bought a car and a truck that both take premium fuel that get MPG in the teens when gas was almost $4 a gallon. I'm not going to make my wife drive a Pinto to save a few dollars a week on gas.

Exactly! My new truck has a 6.2L, I could care less. If $100/month in gas is going to affect your budget, maybe it's time to redo your budget.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    We should charge more for anything just because people can probably afford it. That sounds like a great idea. Let's start charging $10 for a loaf of bread, most people can afford the extra cost right? What's an extra $30 for bread a month in your budget?!

Top Bottom