Anyone have an SR9C (preferably around BR) that my brother's GF can try out?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    The little brother's girlfriend is looking for her first pistol. She shot a full size SR9 and liked it; and handled a compact, but was unable to shoot it. The LB is a member at Precision, so they could meet you there or. . .? If anybody can help, let me know and I'll put you in contact with the LB. TIA

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    The little brother's girlfriend is looking for her first pistol. She shot a full size SR9 and liked it; and handled a compact, but was unable to shoot it. The LB is a member at Precision, so they could meet you there or. . .? If anybody can help, let me know and I'll put you in contact with the LB. TIA

I have the SR9C and love it. I live in Lafayette, but my wife and I plan to be at the Sherburne range on the 16th of this month. If she is willing to meet up with us, she is more than welcome to try it out.

Patrick

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I have the SR9C and love it. I live in Lafayette, but my wife and I plan to be at the Sherburne range on the 16th of this month. If she is willing to meet up with us, she is more than welcome to try it out.

Patrick

They can come shoot mine at bass pro anytime they want.

Just bring some 9mm to shoot.

PM me to set up a time/date.
    Thanks to both of you for the offer. Mr Russo, you have a PM inbound. Patrick, I will let you know if it doesn't work out with rrussotwo before the 16th.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    My guess is that she's gonna shoot it with the 10 round mag and not the 17 round? I like mine. Only got to shoot it when I took my CHP class and the next day at some targets by my brother. Only had one round not go boom after striking the primer. A second load through the mag sent it downrange.

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    My guess is that she's gonna shoot it with the 10 round mag and not the 17 round? I like mine. Only got to shoot it when I took my CHP class and the next day at some targets by my brother. Only had one round not go boom after striking the primer. A second load through the mag sent it downrange.

I replied to your PM, Don.

I tried some winchester ammo in my SR9C last weekend but several didn't fire. I have had no issues at all with remington.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I replied to your PM, Don.

I tried some winchester ammo in my SR9C last weekend but several didn't fire. I have had no issues at all with remington.

Send it to Ruger. Sounds like a weak striker spring or too much oil in the striker chamber.

I've shot everything from reloads to wwb to HST to federal bulk without incident. Wwb is more accurate than federal however.

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    Send it to Ruger. Sounds like a weak striker spring or too much oil in the striker chamber.

I've shot everything from reloads to wwb to HST to federal bulk without incident. Wwb is more accurate than federal however.

Thanks for your input. I'm going to give it a thorough cleaning before going to the range again and see if that helps any. I sure hate the thought of sending it in. :(

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Clean the striker and striker channel good...My SR-9 had a lot of gunk in there from the factory....

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA

Patrick

Ben, FYI, its looking like my Sherburne trip will be sometime during the afternoon of the 17th instead of on the 16th.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom