Anyone have directv?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Last night, 26 channels (main channels, such as my sons Nickelodeon,mtv) were cut. Not sure of exactly why, but we are still in contract, if we want to cancel, should we be forced to pay the cancellation fee since it was an "agreement" on certain channels? Wanted opinions before calling in. Thanks, Neil

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Sit tight. Viacom and DirecTV didn't come to an agreement before the contract ended. They'll probably have it back in two or three days. Maybe a week.

Thing is, Dish does the same. And it'll happen when another group hashes out new contracts.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Sit tight. Viacom and DirecTV didn't come to an agreement before the contract ended. They'll probably have it back in two or three days. Maybe a week.

Thing is, Dish does the same. And it'll happen when another group hashes out new contracts.

I got a $100 credit tonight when I called them, and they dropped my NFL Sunday ticket to $99. I saved $300 tonight total. Now just have to wait and hope my 4 year old can make it through his Nickelodeon withdrawals.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I got a $100 credit tonight when I called them, and they dropped my NFL Sunday ticket to $99. I saved $300 tonight total. Now just have to wait and hope my 4 year old can make it through his Nickelodeon withdrawals.

I had forgotten that. My mom ended up with $35 off her bill every month for one full year over similar channel drops.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    It is mostly Viacom's fault. They want $1 billion more for their channels to be broadcast even though their viewership is falling.

Boutdoors

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Lacombe
    if you insist that you're cancelling they give you what ever you ask for.just got $50 credit and free sunday ticket for a 5 minute call.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    This is going to happen to any TV carrier at some point. Cable, Satellite, Fiber Edge/U-Verse, etc.

TV station companies increase their rates to Broadcasters (cable/satellite) every time the contract comes to an end. Then broadcast on their channels that those channels will not air until a contract can be reached and ask subscribers to call their provider to intimidate them to settle.

Viacom can't afford to be off the air for to long without hurting themselves.

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Viacom needs to provide better programming to pass the cost to willing advertisers. They want me to pay extra for the junk I don't want to watch on BET and MTV. No thanks!

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    My girlfriend was on hold for 35 min last night until the damn phone just disconnected! I hate directv AND at&t!

Their is an app for Android called fast customer. It calls the company and ways on hold and then calls you when it gets a rep on the line. You should try it out.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Their is an app for Android called fast customer. It calls the company and ways on hold and then calls you when it gets a rep on the line. You should try it out.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I just downloaded it for my iphone, ill try it when I get home, this can make my life a whole lot easier to pay bills!

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I called to cancel my service and they gave me a ~$25 credit per month for the next year. I still want to cancel because I can hardly find anything worthwhile on television anymore. I have to say, I'm actually happy that I no longer have MTV, MTV2, VH1, etc. If it weren't for History, A&E, Discovery and some others, I would have never purchased any sort of cable TV in the first place.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I called to cancel my service and they gave me a ~$25 credit per month for the next year. I still want to cancel because I can hardly find anything worthwhile on television anymore. I have to say, I'm actually happy that I no longer have MTV, MTV2, VH1, etc. If it weren't for History, A&E, Discovery and some others, I would have never purchased any sort of cable TV in the first place.

That's me. The channel that gets the most viewing in my house is BBC America, because of Top Gear. That, the Discovery suite(mostly Military Channel), the History suite, and the kids' channels are really the only ones watched regularly. HGTV for House Hunters, BET when The Game and Let's Stay Together are on(wife and I watch those together, BTW), and my dad watches wrasslin'. Seriously considering cancelling now, because it's so damn expensive. I can get most of the shows we watch on Hulu and Netflix.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA

Damn you did better than me.

Top Bottom