Anyone have experience with Lyons Custom Knives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Robert Lyons Custom Knives from Slidell. They are mostly Demascus steel with custom handles. Saw these at the show today in Shreveport and spoke with the guy for a little bit. He was real friendly and spent a while explaining his products. I always like to support local craftsmen, but before I drop several hundred bucks, I'd like a little feedback. Does anyone own one or have experience with them? Thanks

Jbutcher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Amelia La
    I bought 2 from him at a show in Kenner. Very nice knives, have received nothing but positive feedback from everyone I have shown them to. Mr Lyons is in deed a nice fella and very knowledgable in the art of Damascus steel and knife making.

Would recommend his work to anyone,you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I came very close to buying one from him. He's got some beautiful knives. Very nice guy too. I will buy one from him in the future.

sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    I know that this is an old thread, but when I stumbled across it, I had to comment. Lyons knives are incredibly beautiful and functional. I purchased one of his chef knives for a friend who was a professional chef and she couldn't believe how beautiful it was, with impeccable workmanship, design, old world craftsmanship and functionality. His knives hold an edge like none other. If anyone is headed to the Kenner Gun Show tomorrow, his table is against the back wall. Great guy whose knives have been featured in several major movies with stars such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone,.... What a find in our own backyard.

Top Bottom