Anyone live in north Lousiana??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    North Louisiana is part of the state just as much as Baton Rouge is. Yet every item I see for sale in the firearm classifieds is in the Baton Rouge area. I offered one man full price for his gun and $100 extra to bring it up here for a FTF. No deal but he was very nice about it.

I have not found any guns or items I want that are located in the northern part of the state. Are the members here just from south Louisiana or do the ones in the south sell more guns than up here?

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    Do like me, move from NLA to SLA to be closer to all good trades.

actually, have you seen BR crime rates compared to that of any part of Louisiana North of I-10?
    People up there don't need weapons as bad as we do down here. Growing up in NLA the only thing we worried about was deer hunting or squirrel hunting. Down here it is more life & death scenerios in certain parts of the capital city.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It costs me more than $100 to drive to Shreveport and back, not to mention an entire day. I do travel for work and get up there every 2-3 months.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I could have had it shipped but sending a thousand to a stranger is not a good idea. Best have a face to face meeting. He reduced his price about a hundred, I offered full price plus another hundred for the trip. For $200 and needing money, I would have taken the deal and headed north with the gun.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I can drive my full size car to Baton Rouge and back on a tank of gas ($50). Now in my one ton dually, it would take about $110 but he was coming out $200+ better in the sale to bring it up here. I was offering to meet him half way but that did not work out due to my being on call and trying to schedule when someone would not be killing others or having massive major car accidents.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I could have had it shipped but sending a thousand to a stranger is not a good idea. Best have a face to face meeting. He reduced his price about a hundred, I offered full price plus another hundred for the trip. For $200 and needing money, I would have taken the deal and headed north with the gun.

It may be a time thing and not a money thing. Maybe he needed the money to fix his car. I dunno.

I guess I see your point but there are ways of doing that where you don't get screwed.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    North Louisiana is part of the state just as much as Baton Rouge is. Yet every item I see for sale in the firearm classifieds is in the Baton Rouge area. I offered one man full price for his gun and $100 extra to bring it up here for a FTF. No deal but he was very nice about it.

I have not found any guns or items I want that are located in the northern part of the state. Are the members here just from south Louisiana or do the ones in the south sell more guns than up here?

I usually don't mind driving a little but my schedule wouldn't always allow me to take a day and travel, but on the other hand I will ship if asked about it.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    We are up here, but just don't part with our firearms as readily as the boyz down in da hoods. It also appears that those down low boyz make a lot of impulse purchases and end up listing them a month or two later. We tend to cry once and buy once to borrow a popular saying...:)

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL

True, but if you are referring to who I think you are, he has a history of buys/trades and a 100% feedback score, which would sooth over any concerns I would have.....should I want the gun badly enough.

swood

dood
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    West Monroe
    I'm up in notheast LA...I've missed some great deals because of location. Some folks will drive to sell, some won't...because selling locally is just easier. If I don't have time to spend a day on the road traveling to make a transaction, then I understand that others don't too. That said, I recently completed a transaction with a fellow forum member that met me halfway which put each of us on the road for 4 hours roundtrip instead of 8 so it worked out great.

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    NWLA here. My dad always said some of the biggest regrets he has are selling guns. I hold on to what I've got, mainly because most of my collection are hand-me-downs from my father and grandfather.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    We are up here, but just don't part with our firearms as readily as the boyz down in da hoods. It also appears that those down low boyz make a lot of impulse purchases and end up listing them a month or two later. We tend to cry once and buy once to borrow a popular saying...:)

I'm gonna go with this. :wavey:

Top Bottom