anyone looking for a chef

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fluffy2022

Border hopper stopper
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Hammond
    Starting to really hate my job at this plant. Ready to use the degree I never used. Anyone know anyone looking for a chef graduated from louisiana Tech collage then went to Louisiana Culinary Institute for my pastry chef degree. anyone know of any places or any members on here looking for a chef??????

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Starting to really hate my job at this plant. Ready to use the degree I never used. Anyone know anyone looking for a chef graduated from louisiana Tech collage then went to Louisiana Culinary Institute for my pastry chef degree. anyone know of any places or any members on here looking for a chef??????

Dont do it!! haha.

I love cooking and I am putting my degree to good use but I am looking into getting back in school for something else. 12-15 hour days on your feet going nonstop and in my situation dealing and managing dumb asses that don't know how to do anything.

Your in Hammond, I worked for the Caboose Steak and Lobster back in the day and it was not bad, I did not work for the new owners tho. The old owner sold it around 2005 and I have heard it has went down hill when they took over. Topela is pretty good, A BS member owns Trey Yuen, Golden Dragon I believe is his screen name.

Fluffy2022

Border hopper stopper
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Hammond
    lol well its to the point here where im being used and abused out here and its dealing with the plant rep. and the contractor company. they are slipping on the safety out here and its starting to make people leave and there refusing to fix the problem and just keep on putting people in danger cause they dont want to train the workers and make sure there doing there jobs right. and the stress is just getting to me and my family as well too

Last edited:

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    id vote find a new plant. Working in a kitchen isnt much fun. Hours are crappy, and pay usually isnt real good either. Id love to get out of the culinary world and into anything else

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    My aunt worked for a local mexican restaurant for years. She finally decided if she was gonna work so much and practically run the place anyways...she may as well own her own place. Well, I guess she got her own gig about 7-10 years ago and it's still going great. They love it, but the owner and the cooks are all family, lol...

Not really sure what that has to do with you though :mamoru:

But I guess it won't hurt to try if you find the right gig? :dunno:

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    just thought id add this in. I work with a lot of people who have paid a lot of money to go to culinary school, and they are making 10 dollars an hour. I wouldnt really call that a great career move. But if its something you really want to do, you shouldnt have a problem getting hired. Start applying, or at least going talk to places you would like to work. Most good jobs come from word of mouth in the kitchen world. It ends up being a family, and if you dont fit in the group, it wont be enjoyable, so a lot of people look for friends of friends etc.

Fluffy2022

Border hopper stopper
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Hammond
    im just trying to get out of here thats the main thing we just had 1 more person quit last night and now its like a chinese fire drill gone way out of control so now i got to get on the ball and move on out of here if i cant find anything in good in the cooking field ill take anything in plant security or corrections lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom