Anyone shot freedommunitions 62gr penetrator ap ammo?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I just received a case of these about a week ago. They're all Lake City cases. They look good but I haven't had the chance to shoot them yet. Took around 2 weeks to get them.

rkp3194

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    walker, la
    freedom munitions

Is this the remanufactured rounds? i heard they (fm)were great.
    please keep us posted on how you feel about them. i am interested in saving some cash and ammo seems to be selling for 40 cents a round on average. thanks

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Bad Idea! I have shot about 100 rounds of this ammo and now have a case lodged in my chamber and will be bringing my upper baCK tomorrow. I gave a few rounds away and 2 other ARs have jammed and been stuck with this ammo. Not to mention how many times the bullet hit the feedramp and pushed the bullet back into the casing dumping gunpowder everywhere. Very unsatisfied with this ammo and will call freedommunitions tomorrow to see if they will take it back.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    i fired about 400 rounds of the 55 grain blaster stuff without a single problem. guess i'm glad i didn't get the 62 grain stuff now :o

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Bad Idea! I have shot about 100 rounds of this ammo and now have a case lodged in my chamber and will be bringing my upper baCK tomorrow. I gave a few rounds away and 2 other ARs have jammed and been stuck with this ammo. Not to mention how many times the bullet hit the feedramp and pushed the bullet back into the casing dumping gunpowder everywhere. Very unsatisfied with this ammo and will call freedommunitions tomorrow to see if they will take it back.

If they do not take it back, how much of it do you have left, and what do you want for it?

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    I just received a case of these about a week ago. They're all Lake City cases. They look good but I haven't had the chance to shoot them yet. Took around 2 weeks to get them.

I was just digging through a case this morning. Out of 50 about 45 were LC cases, 4 5.56 PPU cases, and one PMC .223 case. Should I be worried about the .223 case? I'll look through the other boxes when I get a chance.

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    Just pulled out another box to look at. Mostly Lake City brass, but this one actually had 5 cases stamped .223 (2 Winchester, 1 PMC, 1 FC, and 1 Hornady). I should be studying right now but I might go check the rest of the case tonight.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Finally got my case out and looks like it was a primer pocket or something stuck in the chamber. Seems like the bullets weren't crimped good. (never reloaded ammo so im just guessing)

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    That's what I was thinking. Is that actually something to worry about?

Yes, it is something to worry about, assuming the round is loaded to 5.56 pressures. The case could split, making extraction a problem. It might rupture, causing chamber damage. Who knows, I suppose it could kaboom if it were really hot ammo.

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    Yes, it is something to worry about, assuming the round is loaded to 5.56 pressures. The case could split, making extraction a problem. It might rupture, causing chamber damage. Who knows, I suppose it could kaboom if it were really hot ammo.

Hmmm. I'll call them about it tomorrow and post what they say. If nothing else I can say that in my experience they're pretty easy to get in touch with. I've called them a few times and the one time they didn't answer they actually called me back a little later even though I didn't leave a message.

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    Just got off the phone with Rudy over there. He didn't want to say for sure that it would be safe to use, but he did say he'd send me a return label to send my case back and he'd send out a new one. I haven't had a chance to shoot any of their stuff but I can say for sure that their customer service has been excellent the few times I've called.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom