Anyone use a Shoulder Carry Rig? Just scored one.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Well a customer dropped off a Glock on consignment the other day and had some extras. Amongst them was an older but like new leather Galco model Jackass Rig for a glock-dual mag pouch. I asked him if he would be interested in selling it separately....to my surprise he shrugged his shoulders and said "here take it! I have no use for it." I couldnt pass on that deal.

I told him I would sell them gun for him in a timely manner...I sold it by closing time that night. (it was a older G26 gen 2.5 "Defender Set 2 of 2" if you're curious).

I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to buy one. It seems pretty well made and I may try it out to see if it helps me maneuver behind the counter and around display pegs a little better. If not I guess I'll just have to lose a few pounds instead.

It actually came around in a good time frame along with my RCS warranty replacement AND my CHP renewal. Just thought it was an interesting way to try an new method of carry. Practical? Eh maybe, maybe not. I guess that'll depend on who you ask.

Here she is along side the RCS:

https://www.galcogunleather.com/jackass-rig-shoulder-system_8_2_1167.html

1468730_10151923350931891_1449483641_n.jpg

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Galco makes some great stuff. I still use my shoulder rig in under the left arm carry during cold months or in a dress jacket.
    Most comfortable form of carry IMO

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Don't those usually leave a loaded weapon pointing at anybody that happens to pass behind you? Not very nice to point loaded weapons at people.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Don't those usually leave a loaded weapon pointing at anybody that happens to pass behind you? Not very nice to point loaded weapons at people.
    They do. But if its concealed and the trigger is protected i think society will be ok.

On a side note i didnt know people were interested enough in these to pm me asking if i wanted to sell it! Lol!

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This would go quite well with the suit thread that we have going on!

And I agree that society will be OK as well ;)

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    is this for a glock 22 and do you think it would fit a big and tall guy?

Itll fit any of the 9/40/357 sig handguns. Its an open mouth holster. It will also fit full size mags. It says that the holster will accomodate individuals with up to a 52" chest. Im about a 46" I have no prob.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Don Johnson {Sonny Crockett} carried a Miami Classic like that.
    So now ya just need a white coat.
    All kiddin aside they are fine holsters and bet many have carried that way and never had a discharge. I think the public is safe

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I've been thinking about picking up a Miami Classic II for long car trips. Seems like it would be the most comfortable and provide the quickest access to the weapon while seated in the car. Don't see much use for one day to day though.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have 0 experience with a shoulder holster, so maybe this is a stupid question, but how do you draw without flagging half the room?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Im thinking youd have to remove the gun and proceed to keep the muzzle pointed down while it travels across your pectoral area and then you would produce it in a forward motion (or toward which ever direction the threat/target is)

Thats my best assessment based off of the design of my holsters configuration. Im sure it may vary slightly based on design and the users body type.

Last edited:

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    I bought a Safariland shoulder rig about 1980 when I bought my S&W model 57. Personally I like that carry method for a heavy hunting revolver. I still use both during the deer season. Dave

Top Bottom