Anyone want some shrimp? Feeler, discount for B S members.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    When I was young I grew up in St. Tammany Parish. I was fortunate enough to have a family that were outdoor sportsmen. I grew up hunting, fishing, crabbing, trawling, and shooting. Anyway, I have not been shrimping the last few years since Katrina. Last year, I purchased a Jefferson Skiff already rigged and I never put it in the water because of the BP oil spill. This year I will be shrimping in Lake Pontchartrain and the Rigoletes and I will be selling my catch. I have skimmers,and my boat is capable of catching at least 1000 lbs a day if they are there.

I will be selling to one restaurant, but I will be selling primarily to individuals. I will be driving to the southshore a few times a week. I have my boats on the Northshore.

These are clean shrimp. The larvae grew in the Lake Pontchartrain marshes, and are migrating to the Gulf. These shrimp have not been in oil or dispersant chemicals.

The season starts in May and I just need a feeler if anyone will be interested on this forum. I will open a business account on Bayou Shooter so I can be contacted easily. I will also be selling crabs and fish. I will give big discounts to members.

Just curious if anyone is interested in buying any fresh, clean, Louisiana shrimp?

Last edited:

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I would always be interested if I am in town. I would not be in for my though as it is just me and I can only eat so much shrimp....

maybe we could set up a BS boil?

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm definitely in and would love to come help crew the boat with you, at least a few times. I've always wanted to see that process first hand.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    I will let you know the price when I open the web page as the start of the season gets closer. It will be low for Bayou Shooters members. I will take care of the members here. I will prebag the shrimp on the boat in 10lb bags.

Also, someone wrote about a boil. That is a great idea. I will be willing to donate the shrimp and crabs.

Charliepapa, you are always welcome to come aboard. We will have a BBQ pit on the boat and a beer in the cooler.

Last edited:

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    Yes. Like an 48qt cooler full if its cheaper than I can get it local.
    Maybe we could have delivery to Gonzales

I will deliver, and it will be cheaper.

I will advertise her so I can predetermine my sales and let everyone know what I have available. This will save all of us money.

Because of this response, I will open a business account in early May. Thanks to all of you.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'll take some, I use to shrimp that same area, we had a camp down by the rigolets. We had a boat named the Pamela Ann, was my uncles boat, but me and my cousins use to go at night and set up on ponchatrain blvd and sell, what we didn't sell we ate, but we usually had no problem selling out.

Top Bottom