Apartment Recommendations in BR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Can anyone recommend an apartment complex in Baton Rouge? Something not in the ghetto (which I know is hard for BR). And not overly expensive.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Depends on what you consider overly expensive. I live in Longridge Apartments off Sherwood not far from I-12, it is nice, I love it. My girlfriend and I have been living here since September, and we would love to stay, but she got into grad school at FSU, so we will be moving after our lease is up.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Up until about few months ago, I lived in Jefferson Shadows, on Jefferson near Bluebonnet. Pretty affordable and, with the expressway only a mile away, put's the whole city a short drive away.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    Nah. I think I'd rather live in Glen Oaks, first.:rofl:

That's a rough hood. I'm working at the high school of the same name and saw 3 ambulances and a fire paramedic tending to a fellow on the streetside on the way there. No car wreck. Didn't see any blood but I didn't rubberneck either.

I liked the Park at Bluebonnet, if you can deal with mgmt to a minimum. Nice place for yuppies and divorcees. The pool is crawling with cougars in the summer.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I really want to, but what I can afford now coincides exactly with BR's homicide map :eek3:

Seriously.

When I retired, it was either rent or buy and buying was a lot cheaper. I got a VA loan with very little down.

There are two nice looking complexes off of Millerville just south of the interstate and also one corner Stumberg and Jefferson Hwy. There are also some new apartments off the east side of O'Neal, south of Wally's World.

There used to be rental services that would find apartments for you. Check in the Yellow Pages.
    :squint:

msuitepyon

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What's your budget? I'm in a 1 bed/1 bath for ~$900 on Corporate Blvd near I-10 and CitiPlace, movie theatre, good restaurants, bookstore, etc.. I'm fairly happy with what I'm living in.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I know of a house that is about to go back to vacant just south of LSU in a good area. About $1200/ month I think. Great land lord etc. 3br 1.5 baths. Just a thought. (She has some other houses elsewhere that she cant rent right now and so she is in the deal mood if you are interested.)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom