Appleseed Rifleman Course

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    I just bought a Marlin 795 and put tech sights on it for an Appleseed class in Eunice. I was wondering how many magazines I should have. I have a total of 3 right now. Should I go ahead and get 2 more or is 3 good enough?

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Special thanks to our instructors and assistant helper on Saturday in Amite.
    Lots of valuable marksmanship training with a free history lesson thrown in.
    Not a bad deal for $40.00
    All the students should now know what/how to practice for the next clinic and secure a Rifleman patch.
    I'm in the process of prepping a different firearm for the next clinic; hope to get in some serious practice before then.

eliska

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    New Orleans
    It was great to have you at the event. Thanks for coming. Sorry about the heat - I will see if we can get the range air-conditioned for next time!

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Sounds fun. I bet my son would like this but alas he lives in Idaho with his mom. Every summer when he is here we go rifle shooting and handgun shooting.

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    Attended the Eunice event, this past Saturday - I was the only attendee and had 1 on 1 instruction with Allen Fontenot for about 8 hours. Learned a lot and have a lot of things to practice.

Overall a very valuable program and very happy to have attended. Would encourage anyone to attend. Kudos to Allen for his great instruction and for coming out for just 1 shooter.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Attended the Eunice event, this past Saturday - I was the only attendee and had 1 on 1 instruction with Allen Fontenot for about 8 hours. Learned a lot and have a lot of things to practice.

Overall a very valuable program and very happy to have attended. Would encourage anyone to attend. Kudos to Allen for his great instruction and for coming out for just 1 shooter.

All our instructors, enjoy sharing what we know... especially Allen. We never like to cancel an event. We are pretty darn good at teaching folks how to control their environment out to 500 yds, the process really works.

Where we sometimes need help is getting people to the range. So thanks for the kind words, and for coming out. If you have any friends in the New Orleans area, remind them we have an event coming up. http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=119&id_event=2985

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    While I was never an opponent of Appleseed I was never a big proponent of Appleseed either. After meeting some of the LA instructors I am now a proponent of Appleseed. While there are other ways to become a proficient marksman the Appleseed is a definitely a good way to go. There is also no substitute for comparing your shooting to others under the same conditions. Appleseed is something I may do in the future and a big part of that is because of the individuals I met that run the events.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Just a reminder to anyone interested:
    Appleseed clinic in Amite next Saturday, 10/18.
    If work/weather allows hope to be there, again.

LouisianaGunny

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If anyone plans on taking a young shooter and needs a rifle, I've cleaned up quite a few older bolt and semi auto 22s. Tell me that your doing it for the Appleseed and I'll let some of them go for a hundred dollar bill, that 's $25-50 off. I grew up shooting in Ohio with high school and 4H teams, as well as DCM (now CMP) NRA high power matches at Camp Perry. I've been looking for a way to help out the kids since getting stationed out here. As a matter of fact, if a few of you want to get together on an evening or weekend, I can give the kids a class on cleaning and safety. I'm not an NRA certified instructor, but I have qualified a high expert on the Marine Corps qualification course the last 10 years in a row and I am a USMC MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) instructor. They can bring their own rifles or I have plenty of 22s they could borrow. No shooting, just cleaning and safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom