AR-15 Fun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAATG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    All you AR-15 owners, the time has come to put a smile on your face.

Slidefire Website

This has been around for a couple of years now and the ATF has signed off of them. You get a copy of the ATF letter with the purchase. No ATF stamp is required. The stocks are easy to install and remove.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Scott,
    I noticed that you have a link in you signature and that you sell this item.
    Are you a site sponsor here? (You don't have a orange name and "Site Sponsor" tag)
    If not you need to be if you want to sell here.

I also noticed you site name is loooong with lots of dashes make it hard to remember and easy to mistype.
    Something shorter would be easier to remember, and I checked SAATG.com and .net is available.

Just some observations.

Last edited:

SAATG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    oh..by no means did i intend for this to be a "new/cutting edge" information post. Like I and others said above, its been around for a few years. I (one of the oblivious) just came across it and figured that there are some other people out there that didnt know about it. So I posted about it.

SAATG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    Very true
    But alot of people don't get that concept

Take the federal government for example......

Less tax on businesses and people = more businesses and more people working ........... 20% taxes on many businesses/people >>>> 40% tax on a few people/business

I've handled one. It isn't well made.

If they were $149 or $199, I bet they would sell like hot cakes.

Considering what they probably cost to make, I'd be willing to bet they would sell a LOT more and make a LOT more money at that price point.

i.e. selling 7,000 at a $300 profit margin sucks compared to selling 120,000 at $150 profit margin.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    And I wasn't trying to be rude, just noting it wasn't new technology too :thumbsup: Didn't even notice the website under your post. I think I glaze over signatures after a while.

On a different note, what is the difference btwn the left / right hand versions of this thing? I have a right handed AR modded to function more easily left handed. Will a left hander fit? What is the advantage?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    On a different note, what is the difference btwn the left / right hand versions of this thing? I have a right handed AR modded to function more easily left handed. Will a left hander fit? What is the advantage?

See this vid for an explanation. He is shooting a left hand model. I didn't even know there was a left hand version before watching this video.

SAATG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    looks fairly accurate on the videos i have seen. but im sure its operator dependent. so the more you mess with it, the better/more accruate it becomes

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Interesting. I think around a mud-pit or private pond/lake with a safe surrounding would be the most enjoyable application, though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom