AR 15 LOWERs Group BUY (updated list)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    There won't be much problem getting people to say they want one. The trouble will be getting payment in a timely manner, or at all. Some folks are outside the BR area so they will have to drive in or mail in the money (unless credit cards are taken by phone). And that's before the order is placed. They will still have to drive in to pick up the receiver (and maybe again if they get delayed). And for those that mail in payment, no address has been given and no payment type specified. If it's just money orders (no checks) then that will be another hurdle. And what happens if you pay upfront and the buy falls apart later? The more people in the GB the greater the chance of that.

IMO, the best thing to do as far as payment is to drop off or send a check. If the buy falls apart the checks can be destroyed without cashing. If there are enough checks to place an order then take them as a batch to the bank and then wait for them to clear. Place the order and then leave it up to the buyers to come pick up their receiver and do the NICS check. That takes the risk off of the FFL and the hassle away from buyers if the deal doesn't happen. Not that a dealer would have any trouble making a profit on lowers he buys for $57 each. And I have to say that these are quality lowers so don't be fooled by the price.

f350drvr

Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I'll take 2, heading to my office (down the street from LA gun) on monday so I could drop payment off then.

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'll take 2, heading to my office (down the street from LA gun) on monday so I could drop payment off then.

That's the magic number of 30. Should we all start bringing/mailing in our payments to LA Gun? We can keep adding names for now and once enough payments are received we can call for a one week cutoff for all other payments to be received before the order is placed. Everyone that wants a receiver should also remember to subscribe to this thread for updates.

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    We should post up if paid

I think only Bryan needs to know that. He can post when he has enough payments to place the order. Otherwise we might have some confusion with "want ones" versus "paid ups". We're already to the point where folks are saying how many they want but not posting the new total.

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Guate_shooter 1
    jhans504 1
    Stan Le 1
    mickey 3
    bigjakewelch 2
    kdavis1984 2
    03protege 1
    bs875 1
    jetmech1983 1
    enutees 1
    countryboy1985 1
    22doberman22 2
    cajun22 2
    franch1se 2
    vsound 1
    dauc 1
    hrbr1800 2
    louis488 1
    tactical723 1
    welco425 1
    f350drvr 2
    sylvest 1
    yellow jack 1
    nolashooter 1
    707nick 1
    diesel dog 1
    louisianarebel 2
    dauc 1
    andrew50300 2

That makes 30 with those members. Anything above that is gravy. I don't know what the deal is so guate_shooter will have to speak up. Since the shipping is free do we have to order in multiples of ten? It seems once we reach 30 they would be happy to send any additional at the same price but that's between y'all.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom