AR muzzle brakes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Hey yall,
    after the "Lafayette shoot" at Sherburne WMA, I have been thinking about that JP 'tank brake' (wow, it turns a .223 into what sounds like a small cannon! :awais: )

Now, that brake is cool for what it does, but I am looking for one in the other direction, to quite the noise for the shooter. Of course it is a long gun so it won't ever be quite without a can on the end. But have any of yall tried any of the brakes that claim to lessen noise? did they work? an example is below, they direct all gas forward.

524840.jpg

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    not really design to make them quiet regardless of what they claim on the paper, there is only ONE way to do that and you dont want it so

invest your money into something else, since nothing will work

they either reduce flash OR reduce muzzle climb, on the stamp free version

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    IF all the gas is directed forward wouldnt they create more "felt recoil" to the shooter, more muzzle climb and longer follow up shots ?????

This video is on an SBR which is what the Noveske Pig was designed for, to push the gas forward and away from the shooter, on a short rifle, ON a 16" rifle is see no benefit of using the gas against you.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    That AR tank brake was just staggeringly LOUD. And hella fun to shoot!!! Anyone know where one could be found?? I'm kinda thinking about an upper with one for myself...

I will post video on Youtube of that gun being fired when I get a chance.

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    Noveske pig does a really good job of directing noise forward. I've got two friends that put theirs on short ar pistols. Made the blast seem like a 20" barrel with bird cage.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    Noveske pig does a really good job of directing noise forward. I've got two friends that put theirs on short ar pistols. Made the blast seem like a 20" barrel with bird cage.

+1, i had a Flaming Pig on my 10.5" Noveske, i actually loved that thing. wish they would make one compatible w/ an M4-2000 though. another option would be the one that PWS makes, or possibly the Spike's tunable version. but i have no experience w/ the latter 2.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    I just got a levang myself and have not had the time take take it to the smith myself. Replacing an AK74 brake which came on my rifle. It is painfully loud to me and anyone on the side of me. I was also looking to lessen the blast on myself. Recoil with the 5.56 is not enought to worry about. Will also be getting the Black River brake (same principle) on my Ruger GSR to see if it cuts the blast over the factory supressor.

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    I just got a levang myself and have not had the time take take it to the smith myself. Replacing an AK74 brake which came on my rifle. It is painfully loud to me and anyone on the side of me. I was also looking to lessen the blast on myself. Recoil with the 5.56 is not enought to worry about. Will also be getting the Black River brake (same principle) on my Ruger GSR to see if it cuts the blast over the factory supressor.

Awesome, please let me know how well it works, and what you think of it. Please

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom