Ar optic suggestion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I just got a smith and Wesson m&p 15t for my birthday. I'm new to ar's so im trying to decide on what kind of optic to get. I'm mainly going to be doing some shooting at Sherburne and doing some hog hunting. A lot of people suggested a red dot optic. I just want to make sure whatever I buy is going to be the right choice the first time.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    So I just got a smith and Wesson m&p 15t for my birthday. I'm new to ar's so im trying to decide on what kind of optic to get. I'm mainly going to be doing some shooting at Sherburne and doing some hog hunting. A lot of people suggested a red dot optic. I just want to make sure whatever I buy is going to be the right choice the first time.

I like my Aimpoint for its durability and battery life.
    I like my EOTech for the reticule and speed of use.

Can't go wrong with either one.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    For what I'm going to use this rifle for do you think a red dot would be better for my use?

My Aimpoint has a 2 moa dot so its pretty accurate until you get further out. Then the dot covers quite a bit.

The EOTech has a large ring (65moa I think) and a 1 moa dot in the middle. Its more accurate at distance.

You can add a magnifier to either one. Where are you located. If you're close you can check both mine out to see which you like.

Edit to add: I've had good luck with my Millet DMS1 also. Its a donut/dot with 1-4 magnification.

Last edited:

BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My Aimpoint has a 2 moa dot so its pretty accurate until you get further out. Then the dot covers quite a bit.

The EOTech has a large ring (65moa I think) and a 1 moa dot in the middle. Its more accurate at distance.

You can add a magnifier to either one. Where are you located. If you're close you can check both mine out to see which you like.

Edit to add: I've had good luck with my Millet DMS1 also. Its a donut/dot with 1-4 magnification.

That'll be much appreciated! I'm in the baton rouge area. I know me and the misses are going to the baker range tomorrow to do some shooting.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members