AR Pictures Thread!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fr3nchy524

resident asian shooter!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    new orleans
    Nothing special except my first built from ground up ar15.

Anderson lower
    Sightmark red dot
    Magpul rear flip up sight
    Magpul moe carbine handguard
    PSA upper receiver, and lower parts kit.

th_8d3631106dc8aa199cf6008398f26bcf.jpg

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I was thinking of the vortex pst 2.5-10 (thinking 1-4 wasn't enough magnification for ME using 308, and 4-16 might be too much)

Well just got a steal on Bushnell elite tactical 2.5-16x42 couldn't pass it up, and ordered the aero precision ultra lightweight extended mount.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Well just waiting on the rail, and I can install the RUC comp, and time to waste some bullets....In the meantime I have just been filing in the engraving with Lacquer-Stiks, the engraving is really nice and deep and uniform...all the other ones I color filled from PSA usually had some engraving that was not uniform.
    rainier_arms_308_ar_build_001.jpg

rainier_arms_308_ar_build_002.jpg

rainier_arms_308_ar_build_003.jpg

rainier_arms_308_ar_build_004.jpg

Last edited:

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Well just waiting on the rail, and I can install the RUC comp, and time to waste some bullets....In the meantime I have just been filing in the engraving with Lacquer-Stiks, the engraving is really nice and deep and uniform...all the other ones I color filled from PSA usually had some engraving that was not uniform.

This is making me antsy. Going with the switch rail?

Sent via dixie cup string phone.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Nice. I've been eyeballing that one as well. Kinda wondering how well it locks up, rotation wise.

That is why I am waiting on mine, I just sent back a brand new set. Okay if you buy a set, and wondering how to install besides torque to 32ft lbs. They send it out with the key over-tightened on the barrel nut. So when you go to slip it over your barrel nut installed on the gun it will scratch all of the ID of the rail. To put it on without messing up the inside of the rail you have to backout the hex head screw holding the rail/key thickness. As in you back out the screw so when you unlock the key it spreads out more, but .... when you go to lock it back because it is now slipped on with no scratches you have to tighten back the hex head key.

I have been in emails with Rainier and Fortis about this, to be honest Diamondhead has the VRS - T 308 13" and I know where you can get the MI 15" $179.99. I am hoping all will turn out good, but the diamondhead rails are hands down the best on the market for install, take down, and weight.

Also....they said because of its quick disconnect setup with the key it is expected to have ID scratch's on the inside. Now I know an AR is a gun you use it, beat it up etc.... I have an AR for that, I also have one I spent a lot of time collecting parts, that I shoot, but I take better care of. This .308 I was building to be used, but didn't expect to spend $300 on rails and find out you have to damage them...

Last edited:

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    That is why I am waiting on mine, I just sent back a brand new set. Okay if you buy a set, and wondering how to install besides torque to 32ft lbs. They send it out with the key over-tightened on the barrel nut. So when you go to slip it over your barrel nut installed on the gun it will scratch all of the ID of the rail. To put it on without messing up the inside of the rail you have to backout the hex head screw holding the rail/key thickness. As in you back out the screw so when you unlock the key it spreads out more, but .... when you go to lock it back because it is now slipped on with no scratches you have to tighten back the hex head key.

I have been in emails with Rainier and Fortis about this, to be honest Diamondhead has the VRS - T 308 13" and I know where you can get the MI 15" $179.99. I am hoping all will turn out good, but the diamondhead rails are hands down the best on the market for install, take down, and weight.

Well, I appreciate the heads up! I've honestly been torn between the switch and just buying the MATEN MKM set with integral rail (torx screws). I'll look at the diamondhead stuff though.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    This is Diamondhead VRS X on my Noveske rifle I built. It is designed so perfect.... the barrel nut is shaped like a nut you can just use a crows foot and torque wrench and torque to 32ft lbs, then slide the rails on over it and the screws go through the slots on the bottom of the barrel nut. No special wrench, nothing....
    485761_orig.jpg

6280706_orig.jpg

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Well, i just pulled the trigger.. Lol ordered the Mega MATEN MKM receiver set (integral rifle length keymod). 18" Rainier Arms Select barrel 1:11, DPMS bcg, seekins low pro adjustable block, vltor flash hider (hunting rifle, don't wanna blow my ears off. lol).

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    That a fine rifle.

Thanks, Just got the optic last week and mount this week. Upper came in 2 weeks ago, and lower I built myself over a month ago while waiting on a tax stamp.

Specs:
    Seekins precision lower
    BADD ASS ambi selector
    Geissele SD-E trigger
    Magpul moe grip with STR stock
    Seekins mag button
    Full seekins 10.5 inch combat series upper with radial fluted barrel.
    Troy BUIS
    Trijicon TR24 optic
    American Defense recon mount

Coming soon, AAC 51t muzzle device so I can mount my 762sdn6
    Also trying to find a hand stop or vertical grip that'll work with the keymod.
    and contemplating a nogdon ambi mag release (I'm a righty, so it's not a NEED, just cool to have a full ambi lower).

closer up look at the barrel:
    FDE8CE7B-6D1F-4E31-9D0C-B99C6166FC16_zpslx8gvnqa.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom