AR sights?????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WINGBONE2

WINGBONE2
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Livingston Parish, Louisiana
    I have a flat top Ar with a scope on it. I was watching tv a few months back and seen some sights that mount on the rail and gas block. They are off set to the right so you have to tilt your rifle to the left to use them. The show I seen them on was one of the self defense type shows. They was showing you how to use these in your home and still have a gun, with a scope, you could take to the range and use for long shots also. Does anyone know what the name of these are, and where I can find them???????????

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here's an example of a red dot tilted to the side.
    http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=398
    p9100858.jpg

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Scooter post a pic of your AR the one that had the red dot mounted on the handguard offset at like a 3 O'clock position I think thats what he is refering to, but I could be wrong.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    You'll need two of the YHM offset rails. One for the front sight and one for the rear. I tried that setup a while back and had decent results out to 50 yards. There wasn't enough windage adjustment for anything beyond 50.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    The Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sight Set , being designed for the purpose, will prolly work better than using standard sights with offset mounts, but at $228.00 :eek3: I'd have to pass.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    This is what we use on our 3 gun AR's, not ,mounted on the flat top, same principle, a lot cheaper, and faster acquisition, this sight is made by JP Enterprises, cost about $120, you can use them from zero out to about 75 yds and they are lightening fast, comes with a basic novak style rear sight and AR front sight w/ multi colored pins, mounts at the 1 oclock position on your forearm

Last edited:

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    yeah but if you don't have a flat top you'll have to get two of those offset mounts to mount the jp iron sights. that'll be $120 + $80 = $200 bucks. Either way it'll cost yas.

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    Aren't those sight pictures reversed? Lowering the rear sight should raise the point of impact.

The top notch if for really close stuff like <15 yards. That'll raise POA roughly close to POI for quick and dirty shooting. I haven't tried those sights yet but I do have some concerns about using a tritium front only on an ar. The most prevalent concern would be that with regular apperature sights your eyes naturally align with post in the center of the circle. If their isn't enough ambient light for your eyes to tell where the rear app is then you may not be able to align correctly.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    The JP sight can be mounted on a flush mount picatinny rail on any quality handguard at the 1:00 position, mine are mounted on a 3inch flat picatinny rail on handguard, no need to be offset expensive mounts,

Top Bottom