AR trigger questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    My AR is a Rock River varmint upper on a EA lower.

I was o.k. with my stock trigger with JP spirngs until I shot a fellows Timney trigger so now I've got the bug to buy a new trigger.... I use the rifle for fun at the range as well as for coyote shooting, too.

Questions:

What is a good choice for replacement of a stock trigger? What other replacement triggers would you recommend?

I really like the Timney (I'll probably go with the skeletonized version). But, is it a good choice? I really like the idea of a "drop in" replacement for someone as inept as myself.

What I'm looking for is a good balance between cost (less than $300?) and optimum function at the range and in the field.

Thanks for advice,
    Marc Price

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Another Geissele +1. The SSA is a great all-around 2-stage, though they offer other models as well that are a little lighter pull and may be better suites for a coyote/hunting rifle.

occunknown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ringgold
    For a budget minded shooter, the best drop in match 2 stage trigger group for the price is the ROck River, you can find them for about $120.00.

I was shocked at how good and inexpensive this trigger is, look at it or try one at a shop before shelling out the extra monies.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    For a gun you're not trusting your life to, the RRA 2-stage is a good choice. Even better if you send it to White Oak for their tuning, although for what you spend on trigger and tuning you could just buy a Geissele.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Cant go wrong with a Geissele, and agreed, the price on the SSA is so good compared to any other trigger in terms of quality received.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    To the OP, before you drop the coin on a new trigger, do you have a set screw through the grip bolt hole?[/quote]

Not sure what you mean (sorry, I'm a novice)??

Marc Price

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    JP trigger and Speed hammer. If you buy as a set, it comes with a DVD to instruct installation. A couple basic tools are all that is needed. It does take a little time though, but you will learn a lot about the function of the AR trigger. BTW....I have 3

Top Bottom