Are people with lifetime CC Purchased last year screwed? Regarding 4473 Backround Che

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAEDISON

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    I never have a Delay but I was hoping now with new changes I would be able to just wave my CC but Now I am told since I Renewed my CC and opted for a lifetime since I am young, I fall into a Crack in the system.

I know this might have been answered before but I was searching, If anyone cares to comment on lifetime CC When It comes to doing a 4473 background check. Its not that big of a deal because I fly threw but just curious.

Have the even figured out what there going to do every 5 years as I know we still have to do the training class.

My Lifetime was issued last July.

It just pisses me off as I paid a lot of money up front and now I'm going to be the one to fall threw the crack.

Any links, Articles. I saw something about starting june 30 ish or something there allowing people except lifetime CC.

Thanks,
    Tyler

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    IMO, the lifetime is only worth it if you carry for 21+ years from the date of it's issue and yes, you will still have to take a renewal class every 5 years. Granted, you already went with the lifetime permit, so you are now stuck with it, but hopefully the laws will change and you won't slip through the crack like the rest of the lifetime holders.

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    According to the LSP website only 5 yr permits are granted the bypass of the 4473 phone call.

This.

And IMO you still aren't screwed. Sure it would be nice. But you are only gonna save yourself like 5-10min at the store, VS having to pay a notary for every renewal app. And waiting however long the wait is at a notary just for a stamp.

Kinda a give and take for each.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom