Are Redjacket AR's going to be sold in Academys?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    7N6 yaws early, deforms minimally. No fragmentation.

I know all about 7N6, just never heard of M995 (I have plenty of M193 and M855, just lost interest after those). 7N6 is by no means the greatest round ever, and is much more focused on penetration/armor piercing than wound characteristics. But as far as bang for the buck, it's hard to beat!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I know all about 7N6, just never heard of M995 (I have plenty of M193 and M855, just lost interest after those). 7N6 is by no means the greatest round ever, and is much more focused on penetration/armor piercing than wound characteristics. But as far as bang for the buck, it's hard to beat!
    m995 is 52gr 5.56 AP. It is found linked on SAW belts normally (rather, when it IS found.) Tumble, but no frag.

BJ Pawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are already stocking them and soon getting the NFA stuff from them too.
    The price range for most everything is going to be around the same prices listed on their web page.
    If you all look at my other post their are some pictures of the AR and 1911.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I fondled one of the RJF rifles at Academy today, and the castle nut was indeed properly staked. I was impressed with the whole rifle actually. It is absolutely not something they just slapped together and stuck their name on.

Could a lot of us build something comparable for cheaper? Sure. But it hit me while I was scanning Academy's other rifles...we are not the market. And considering the ARs that Academy sells lots of for $900-1000, the price actually ain't bad as it's a much nicer rifle with good furniture.

ETA:
    rj_ar.jpg

Last edited:

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    My favorite part of the rifle is the CTR stock VS the MOE stock every one else throws on. It gives the rifle a much more solid feel.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    My favorite part of the rifle is the CTR stock VS the MOE stock every one else throws on. It gives the rifle a much more solid feel.
    The QD points are what does it for me. I really don't like the plain MOE after figuring out how to properly run a 2 point sling. It's just much easier with QD points, rather than lacing it and threading it through the buckles every time I want to move it or take it off. VTAC adv 2 point, fwiw. It's just a PITA without QD points. I don't think I'd buy a MOE again.

biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    Only complaint that I have heard from a customer about the redjacket AR compared to the colt is that the barrel is not stamped with the caliber and twist rate.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I fondled one of the RJF rifles at Academy today, and the castle nut was indeed properly staked. I was impressed with the whole rifle actually. It is absolutely not something they just slapped together and stuck their name on.

Could a lot of us build something comparable for cheaper? Sure. But it hit me while I was scanning Academy's other rifles...we are not the market. And considering the ARs that Academy sells lots of for $900-1000, the price actually ain't bad as it's a much nicer rifle with good furniture.

ETA:
    rj_ar.jpg

Not bad! I am glad to see this.

Is it better than a $900 Colt 6920, or $1200 Colt 6940, though, is the question...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Not bad! I am glad to see this.

Is it better than a $900 Colt 6920, or $1200 Colt 6940, though, is the question...

I would bet it runs as good as the Colt. Can't see why it wouldn't. If you bought a 6920 and added the Magpul goodies and suppressor ready flash hider, you'd be over the price of the RJF, so it really comes down to how important that stuff is to you.

Top Bottom