Are we pre-revolutionary?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I wouldn't even waste my time contemplating a armed uprising of this society. When you see pictures of activist, your seeing a VERY small percentage of the population. The vast majority of people in this country are too lazy and apathetic to even raise their voice in protest against being sold into slavery. And besides, football season is about to start, so who has time to think about their children s future?? Maybe after the superbowl.....:)

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    You really called that one, everything that has happened to this country slipped by while we were watching "the game". I guess
    that's why the schools teach that above everything else. Just go to any school and look for the most important and probably the
    highest paid employee and you will find his nickname , "coach" .

fallingbird

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Metairie
    I wouldn't even waste my time contemplating a armed uprising of this society. When you see pictures of activist, your seeing a VERY small percentage of the population. The vast majority of people in this country are too lazy and apathetic to even raise their voice in protest against being sold into slavery. And besides, football season is about to start, so who has time to think about their children s future?? Maybe after the superbowl.....:)
    Sadly, I think you are correct. Except you left out the all consuming force of texting and Ipods.
    I have a bad feeling that the motion of events for this country is in place and won't be able to be turned around until it gets real ugly.
    Third party candidate in 2012->vote split->re-election of the problem->unthinkably bad economy for everyone->SHTF->TEOTWAWKI->re-evaluation and replacement of currency backing->strongest individuals re-building society and economy

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Sadly, I think you are correct. Except you left out the all consuming force of texting and Ipods.
    I have a bad feeling that the motion of events for this country is in place and won't be able to be turned around until it gets real ugly.
    Third party candidate in 2012->vote split->re-election of the problem->unthinkably bad economy for everyone->SHTF->TEOTWAWKI->re-evaluation and replacement of currency backing->strongest individuals re-building society and economy

Deep analysis. I (sadly) concur that that is a possible scenario.

Food for thought: A lot of federal civilian employees whom I know are re-thinking whether, or not the Thrift Saving Program with Federal Pension and Social Security will be available to them within their lifetime. Suddenly, that "survivalist fool in the office" who invested in gold bullions and guns is starting to look aw-fully smart after yesterday. -Just say'n. (Wish'n it was me).

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Deep analysis. I (sadly) concur that that is a possible scenario.

Food for thought: A lot of federal civilian employees whom I know are re-thinking whether, or not the Thrift Saving Program with Federal Pension and Social Security will be available to them within their lifetime. Suddenly, that "survivalist fool in the office" who invested in gold bullions and guns is starting to look aw-fully smart after yesterday. -Just say'n. (Wish'n it was me).

Darn having gold bullion, I have shooters gold. Figured it would be worth more than useless metal when somebody is hungry

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Once again...Revo War consisted of ruffly 3 % of population...everyone did not hit the castle walls with torches in hand and the Boston Tea Flingin didn't need tour busses...

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    Here are a few ideas that I’ll throw out for discussion. These are some of the things that I think might help to get this country back to the great country of our parents and grandparents.

Term limits, local state and federal. Career politicians have done nothing but create their own little fiefdoms and wealth for themselves and their cronies, they’ve not done much for the people they’ve been elected to serve. The key word here, SERVE.

The folks in Washington should be on the same SS retirement plan that the rest of us are on, same goes for health insurance. If it’s good enough for us, it’s certainly good enough for them.

Pull our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, our government has them over there selling capitalism under the guise of democracy. We would make better use of our military by protecting our porous borders.

Stop sending financial aid to every country outside of the U.S. EVERY COUNTRY!!!! We’ve got vets from the Vietnam era, Iraq and Afghanistan who are living on the streets, they’ve sacrificed for their country only to have the Government **** on them, yet we send billions in aid to countries that give us nothing, NOTHING, in return.

U.S. corporations that ship jobs overseas should face the stiffest tariffs possible. Close loopholes in the tax code that allow companies like GE to pay NO FEDERAL TAXES.
    Serious tax reform should be considered for individuals as well. How in hell can someone who pays no federal taxes get a check at the end of the year? If you don’t pay in, you don’t get any back. Unless you are a retiree or certified disabled, you get nothing from SS, medicare or Medicaid. I’ve got a 23 year old living next door to me who has never had a job, never paid a penny into the system, yet she is trying to draw disability because essentially she is a malingerer with phantom illnesses.

No more wellfare, lets call it workfare. You want a check from the taxpayers, get out and pick up garbage, clean graffiti, contribute something to society.

I guess this is more of a rant. These are just a few of the things I think have helped to bring this country to its knees. Please, critique. Lets here some of your ideas.

mikeinneworlean

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    Here are a few ideas that I’ll throw out for discussion. These are some of the things that I think might help to get this country back to the great country of our parents and grandparents.

Term limits, local state and federal. Career politicians have done nothing but create their own little fiefdoms and wealth for themselves and their cronies, they’ve not done much for the people they’ve been elected to serve. The key word here, SERVE.

The folks in Washington should be on the same SS retirement plan that the rest of us are on, same goes for health insurance. If it’s good enough for us, it’s certainly good enough for them.

Pull our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, our government has them over there selling capitalism under the guise of democracy. We would make better use of our military by protecting our porous borders.

Stop sending financial aid to every country outside of the U.S. EVERY COUNTRY!!!! We’ve got vets from the Vietnam era, Iraq and Afghanistan who are living on the streets, they’ve sacrificed for their country only to have the Government **** on them, yet we send billions in aid to countries that give us nothing, NOTHING, in return.

U.S. corporations that ship jobs overseas should face the stiffest tariffs possible. Close loopholes in the tax code that allow companies like GE to pay NO FEDERAL TAXES.
    Serious tax reform should be considered for individuals as well. How in hell can someone who pays no federal taxes get a check at the end of the year? If you don’t pay in, you don’t get any back. Unless you are a retiree or certified disabled, you get nothing from SS, medicare or Medicaid. I’ve got a 23 year old living next door to me who has never had a job, never paid a penny into the system, yet she is trying to draw disability because essentially she is a malingerer with phantom illnesses.

No more wellfare, lets call it workfare. You want a check from the taxpayers, get out and pick up garbage, clean graffiti, contribute something to society.

I guess this is more of a rant. These are just a few of the things I think have helped to bring this country to its knees. Please, critique. Lets here some of your ideas.

Sounds like a good start to the list....

Top Bottom