Area 4 results: Max Michel Jr. wins Open, Blake Miguez wins Limited

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Match just concluded a couple hours ago.

Blake posted, IIRC, a 14.08 second run on my stage, the fastest in the entire match. It was a thing of beauty to behold...simply perfect :cool:

EDITED: Checked now that I'm home...it was a 14.09 second run with 112 out of a possible 115 points :bowdown:

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    For those of you who are interested, note that the results posted on the USPSA Web site at the moment under Major Match Results, the Infinity Area 4 Championship, are actually provisional though they say final on some of the pages. They were posted this morning, 10/10 7:10 AM, before all competitors had completed the stages.

I would assume the actual finals will be posted this evening.

The match was scored with a way-cool Palm Pilot setup with battery operated printers at each stage. After the shooter finished, we synced the Palm with the printer through an IR port, and gave the shooter a copy of his score on the stage within moments of completion of the scoring. At times, we actually were running two Palms so we could score the next shooter, while leaving the first Palm to sync up with the printer and complete the printout.

Lee Neel, the guy responsible for the setup, ended up scouring Ebay for some of the components for the printing setup since apparently they are no longer available. First class effort on his part.

IIRC, Matthew Mink was the Production winner, with Dave Sevigny second. They both completed the match on Friday I believe.

After running over 200 competitors through Stage 2 over three days, I sorta lost track of who was when. :confused:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Blake Manning won 1st B Open. Great job!

I ended up 8th C Production out of 17. Not bad considering I blew over half the stages. :wtc:

on the bright side, I was 1st C on 2 stAges and 6th overall on one of them. Even beat Sevigny on that one. :D

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    James was on Don and my squad. What an awesome guy.

4002976386_e887170419_o.jpg

Zero.40

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    PLaquemine, LA
    yeah the rudy project guys were some gret guys to shoot with and to hang out with.
    those pics where from the first stage and and i ran dry b/c of steel lol.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Last edited:

double_pedro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Curtis - That photo is poetry in motion - you and Blake have great form!

...and the photo of James Gill - all I can say is WOW!

Congrats to all the local guys for just completing the match safely in THAT mess!

:thumbsup:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Curtis - That photo is poetry in motion - you and Blake have great form!

You can't see my rubber boots Cajun Rebocks, which were responsible for the necessary traction :rofl:

Needed to sprint to check the 180 at next target position, which was parallel to the side berm. If you pushed too hard on that target and got your first shot right on the 180, the momentum could take you past as you swung back for the second shot. Over the course of three days, only three competitors pushed the envelope too far. Some caught out of position wisely passed up the second shot and took the mike, others slammed on the brakes and backed up a step to pick up the second hit.

Most agreed it was a fun stage. Saw some really great runs on that stage but Blake's really stood out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GregGlockGreg
    Top Bottom