Areas to avoid in New Orleans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I'm laughing at all the semi-tough guys who quake in their designer combat boots at the thought of visiting New Orleans.:rofl:

Here's the skinny.

Don't sell or buy any drugs. Avoid people who sell or buy drugs.

My work brings me into some of the roughest neighborhoods. My tan ain't that great. I do just fine, all by my gimpy self.

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    Avoid the N.O east. The west bank isnt as bad as people make it out to be, but there's nothing over there anyway. Parts of downtown are pretty crappy. If the area looks bad it probably is. Just keep your eyes peeled and move on if you think you're in the wrong area and you'll be fine.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I vote for "Orleans Parish" also. Much more fun can be found very close to Orleans, for less money, less crime, less traffic, les ignorance, and less harassment from people who don't like liberty

MD_Wells

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    7th Ward. Treme. Central City. St. Roch. Upper 9th (across St. Claude from Bywater), Lower 9th, Gert Town, Hollygrove, Mid-City between Broad and Jefferson Davis Parkway.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    7th Ward. Treme. Central City. St. Roch. Upper 9th (across St. Claude from Bywater), Lower 9th, Gert Town, Hollygrove, Mid-City between Broad and Jefferson Davis Parkway.

It is easier in Baton Rouge since Katrina AKA New New Orleans. Stay out of the 70805 area which has more serious Crime and Murders per capita than the original New Orleans..

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I've been to N.O. a total of 4 times (3 at night and 1 during the day) and that was 4 times too many. Honestly, I was quite "underwhelmed" with the city, for the most part. While there are some historical and cultural aspects to N.O., the biggest tourist draws are football, food, and alcohol (i.e. Bourbon Street and French Quarter). When you factor in the high crime rate that exists in N.O., I see no reason why I should ever visit the city again...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It is easier in Baton Rouge since Katrina AKA New New Orleans. Stay out of the 70805 area which has more serious Crime and Murders per capita than the original New Orleans..

I grew up in 70805. Once upon a time, it was a nice place for a kid to grow up.

Once upon a time, dinosaurs roamed the earth, too. :dogkeke:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Wow. Y'all are some afraid people.

All of you afraid of 70805, can you link me to some crime statistics of white non-drug users murdered?

Or just because y'all are afraid I should be too?

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Wow. Y'all are some afraid people.

All of you afraid of 70805, can you link me to some crime statistics of white non-drug users murdered?

Or just because y'all are afraid I should be too?

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

I worked that area doing home health until 2002. My balls are as big as yours.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    :dogkeke: Well there's still some hope 70805 could return to the days of yore.

Top Bottom