Arizona Pastor arrested and jailed for holding a bible study in his home?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I'd be willing to bet it's all about this;

19256627.jpg

Does it look like an Emergency Vehicle could get through there speedily?

Go read the link angrycookieman posted above.
    They had parking covered, but this wasn't just a "home bible study" group.

As a Christian at first I was upset about this and was going to jump in here getting all over the "naysayers".
    But after a little more research and the other links above, I can't see this as religious persecution.
    Just someone trying to skirt the law.

This seem to be about fire code and building code violations, and the "pastors" refusal to obey some basic rules.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The title of this thread is incorrect and Mr. Salman is using the "this is an attack on religion" to skirt the law.

This church does not have the permits and does not meet the fire and safety regulations.

:)

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Very well said, whitsend and Speedlace.

From all I've read, it seems to me that this guy in Arizona is playing the victim, after simply disregarding and circumventing zoning ordinances.

Reading this thread brought to mind the infamous Al Copeland Christmas lights controversy years ago. Remember that? It dragged on for years. (You youngsters will have to Google it.) The crowds coming to see the lights on his house caused gridlock for blocks around, EMS couldn't get through, the noise and foot traffic was horrendous, etc. The neighbors had to eventually file suit, after which some then received death threats, were accused of being anti-Christian, etc. They won, because his display indeed created a bona fide public nuisance and obstruction to traffic.

Do I love Christ and Christmas? Absolutely! Would I have wanted to live around Al Copeland's place? Absolutely NOT!

Different situation in AZ though... Definitely just a zoning/permit/ordinance issue.

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Lafayette ,Slidell,Abbeville
    The title of this thread is incorrect and Mr. Salman is using the "this is an attack on religion" to skirt the law.

This church does not have the permits and does not meet the fire and safety regulations.

Which is what we all learned during this long discussion . Im not going to go and change the title. We all learned what this guy really is doing. I dont think a title change is needed.

HA I didnt post this one any way haha. I was thinking I was on SKS boards. I couldnt change it anyway I didnt post here.

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Which is what we all learned during this long discussion . Im not going to go and change the title. We all learned what this guy really is doing. I dont think a title change is needed.

I will admit, keeping the current title will likely draw in more views and spread the word more that this guy is a straight up dickbag.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I have enjoyed reading all the posts here and it amazes me how the initial report angers people. Let a few hours pass and more facts to come and it's a different story. I titled this post what it is because it was generally the title of the news article. So now just added a question mark after it :)

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    It's inflammatory, similar to chain e-mails.

Stories that have multiple facets are cut down to one that will tug are people's hearts.
    There have been some threads like this in the past where people read couple lines of text without researching who, what, where, when, and why.

Hunh Brah had it pegged in post #5
    "'essentially arrested for' that says there's more to the story."

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    1. Wonder if he was passing the plate around?
    2. Wonder if Atheists were involved somehow?
    3. Wonder what "religion" they wer practicing?
    4. Wonder what day of the week it was he was having the study?

Still, it seems that having those who believe in God would be better to have in a neighborhood than those who mfg. meth, or those who are gang bangers, or those who are terrorists, etc.

IMO

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Yeah ... Im not from Israel or anything though although I do have the big Jew nose....

My moms side had some Jews from Germany .

But are you practicing? Never seen a supposedly Jewish person make so many "Pro-Christian" posts/statements. Generally, the ones I know are too busy defending themselves from harassment to have time to do that.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    So people should be regulated as to how many people and how often they can visit? Im not even talking about the guy from the article at this point. From what I am understanding and correct me if I am wrong, Im not as sharp as I use to be. It sounds like someof you would get pissy if your neighbor had weekly company .

Maybe Im just use to being out in the country . I just think if someone wants to have 2 or even 100 people at their house , as long as they are not messing with me I could care less. I dont care if its an every day thing, just stay off my property and keep the noise down and Im good to go .

You are used to being out in the country. In the city people are allready being regulated on how many and how often people can visit. In my neighborhood no more than 2 people who are not related can live in the house. That includes periodic ocvernight guest. That's not HOA rules either, it's a city ordinance. Anf for good reason. All these rules are set up to protect people property value. You would'nt want a McDonalds opening next door to you're self would you.
    It is different in the country, I understand that. There is more space to work with. The first house I was in as a child in Praireville my Dad ended up moving us out because of these types of things. We lived on a nice street with nice houses. But out there the zoning issues back then were pretty non existent. A trailer park was being built 100yds from the back of the street and nothing could be done about. Nothing against trailer parks but there went a certain percent of property value just with it being there.
    MY neighbors have parties from time to time and the street gets crowded. Does'nt bother me. But there is a difference to having a party with freinds or family and operating a business or something similar.
    I myself am looking to get out of the city in the next couple years and I don't want a neighbor for miles and miles. All my neighbors except for one figure out a way to **** me off.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You are used to being out in the country. In the city people are allready being regulated on how many and how often people can visit. In my neighborhood no more than 2 people who are not related can live in the house. That includes periodic ocvernight guest. That's not HOA rules either, it's a city ordinance. Anf for good reason. All these rules are set up to protect people property value. You would'nt want a McDonalds opening next door to you're self would you.
    It is different in the country, I understand that. There is more space to work with. The first house I was in as a child in Praireville my Dad ended up moving us out because of these types of things. We lived on a nice street with nice houses. But out there the zoning issues back then were pretty non existent. A trailer park was being built 100yds from the back of the street and nothing could be done about. Nothing against trailer parks but there went a certain percent of property value just with it being there.
    MY neighbors have parties from time to time and the street gets crowded. Does'nt bother me. But there is a difference to having a party with freinds or family and operating a business or something similar.
    I myself am looking to get out of the city in the next couple years and I don't want a neighbor for miles and miles. All my neighbors except for one figure out a way to **** me off.

I couldn’t imagine living in the city. I've always been able to pee off the back porch, fish in a pond nearby, walk through the woods to shoot some squirrels or wood ducks etc. I wouldn't know what to do with all that concrete.

Although I'll say this. When I was holding my oldest daughter's little lifeless body in my bare hands hearing 911 tell me they were still 15 miles away, I thought LONG and hard about living in the country. She's fine BTW, it was a weird incident I'd have to explain somewhere else. Just saying :)

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Lafayette ,Slidell,Abbeville

Wow, I didnt know they were that bad. Worst one I ever lived in was we just had to keep boats in the backyard.

If youre takin to me I just googled Louisiana gun forums. Found BAyoushooter and joined up .

Man, Im not really practicing. There are some things I do . Like I always wear hats. I would like to say the SHema everyday but truthfully I dont remember to or I dont think about it, I dont know either way it doesnt get done like I would like to .Just little things that help me keep some good inside me.Helps remind me hes there. My family has never really had anything against Christians. We have Christians in the family , close family to . We always said we worshisp the same God. So I never rally thought anything of it.

We celebrated Christmas mainly Chanukah sometimes along with Christmas, depended on what part of the family we went to that year. We are pretty relaxed when it comes to religion.

Last edited:

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    1. Wonder if he was passing the plate around?
    2. Wonder if Atheists were involved somehow?
    3. Wonder what "religion" they wer practicing?
    4. Wonder what day of the week it was he was having the study?

Still, it seems that having those who believe in God would be better to have in a neighborhood than those who mfg. meth, or those who are gang bangers, or those who are terrorists, etc.

IMO

I'll answer yours, you answer mine
    1.yes
    2.yes odds are someone somewhere was an athiest. Judge, jury or cop
    3.christian
    4. Several

1. Can you read?
    2. Can you click links?
    3. Did you click the links?
    4. Did you read the links?

Top Bottom