Armed robbery in broad daylight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    So Friday I was a victim of armed robbery, at Target on Clearview around 5pm, broad daylight. New Orleans (yes even in Metairie) is just getting out of control... seriously, these people are just getting too bold and not giving a **** anymore. Stay safe and beware of your surroundings, I thought I was but I was very wrong and lucky he didn't shoot, otherwise I probably wouldn't be writing this right now.. too bold. To those who carry, carry everyday.

anyone that knows me well knows I'm good at shooting and very accurate.. my shooting competition videos speak for itself. but i just couldn't let myself take a life yesterday. New Orleans man...

**update** Just to clarify, those of you who said you'd shoot no matter what have most likely never been in this situation. I knew what I was doing, and yes, I did draw my firearm from concealment and had 3 different opportunities to shoot but decided not to. I can make decisions under stress. It may have been a different story if my family was with me, but I was alone. He was lucky I decided not to pull the trigger, and so was I that he didnt. You people have to realize, this was in broad daylight at Target on Clearview. There is foot traffic going on constantly at that mall and this is one reason why I decided not to pull the trigger. Paper targets dont shoot back, but I dont train with paper targets. Just be aware of your surroundings, he walked up like he was going to "his" car and thats when things took a turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFK6E1W29x0&index=11&list=PLscB-49EdZcujso1xgAPXCBIMhhEjzQHj

*update* http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/05/jpso_seeking_laplace_man_in_me.html

screen-shot-2016-05-02-at-50258-pmpng-201fe331f2c9cbe5.png

notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Glad you're ok!

My grandmother was robbed in front of Sears there a few years ago. Parked in the handicapped spot right in front of store and had a knife held to her neck. No one saw a thing. She stayed calm and was ok.

Yes, it's getting very out of control.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Glad you are ok. Your alive and didn't have to take a life-that would have undoubtedly changed yours forever. Is there anything, looking back now, that could have been done to preemptively have stopped the encounter? Stay Safe.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Great your ok. Also good you didn't have to pull the trigger. It must be hard to not be in Laplace looking for this P.O.S.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    ... sounds like you made the right call. Trust me, your life will be back to normal much more quickly having not done so. Good luck and thanks for sharing!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sorry to hear that this happened to you, but I am happy that you came out of it okay. I can tell you from personal experience that talking about it and helping others learn from everything is a good way to go.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So much for being anonymous.... They showed his face on the news earlier... I hope he won't be targeted by the bad guys.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    You got dealt a bad hand. You still played your cards right. You survived unharmed and even got the information needed to bring the perp to justice without running afoul of the law. You handled the situation better than most people who are robbed.
    Semper Fi Marine!

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Thanks for sharing your story and glad you made out OK. A reminder to us all to be more observant of our surroundings, even in areas that seem safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I completely understand why you didn't pull you weapon and shoot the fool, but on the other hand they (criminals) might just start realizing there's no danger in robbing someone and keep doing it without fear of repercussions! I would hope if I were in your shoes I could keep my wits about me and think clearly before acting! I would have loved it if you could have detained the low life at gun point!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    http://www.fox8live.com/story/31870091/jpso-man-robs-shopper-in-metairie-mall-parking-lot-in-broad-daylight?sf25542301=1

Is the story correct you were chasing after him with your weapon out telling him you were going to shoot him?

:rofl: Charlie12, you remind me of me as a master ****-stirrer!

And; I was waiting for you on this one! :rofl:

As a side note: Brand0n5o4, I am glad you are okay; but you need to always make sure which "news" story you use in your posts! :mamoru:
    The one charlie12 found is known as "A skeleton in the closet!"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom