Armed Suspects

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wife just got a text, saying:
    LSUPD is reporting armed suspects near Kirby and Hart Lot B/M Black hoodies LSU Police on scene at this time. Please stay out of the area until notified.
    Hope any of you in the area are Ok.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I used to drink CK coffee regularly. Then my life change drastically and I exchanged quality for quantity and my taste for coffee got a lot more snobbish. I stopped one morning at my local CK and got some on the way into work and ended up pouring most of it out. AND it was Community. At least that's what the sign said.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Which is why there would possibly be MWAG calls for nothing sinister.

I haven't seen any no gun signs on the Circle Ks I've been to here though. I never saw the one at Brookshire's that someone told me about either. Maybe I'm blind to silliness?

(no that is not a I CARRY WHERE I WANT statement)
    (but I do)

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    That and Circle-K is a no-guns zone (at least in every one I have seen).
    This. All Circle K stores are posted with No Guns signs near the entrance. Circle K is also the main sponsor of the recent Baton Rouge gun buy back efforts.

Off topic, a coworker tells me that he was told that Circle K bought out the On The Run/Exxon stores. Anyone know if this is true?

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I get all the same texts. Im on the LSU emergency alert notification system. Its an opt in program for students and employees.

Note says, "LSUPD is reporting armed suspects near Kirby and Hart Lot. B/M black hoodies. LSU Police is on the scene at this time. Please stay out of the area until notified." FRI09DEC2011 22:41

Then I got another that says, "LSUPD is still investigating the reported armed robbery near Hart Lot. Please continue to use caution. *LSUPD." SAT10DEC2011 00:25

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hummmmm...........................Take a guess :}

My opinion, however my opinion could be wrong lol

Okay, I'll "nibble". The vast majority of Concealed Pistol Permits are Caucasian - as are owners so....

Point: it's stupid to assume anything about anything. People have free will which implies they can do much good and much evil. I leave it at that; everyone I meet has a "clean slate" but I do have a plan to do gross bodily harm if, as a last resort, that's what is required for me to walk the planet.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    My guess is the Alaska street thugs aren't getting enough business on their own block and decided to rob some students. Not the first time. Friend of mine got robbed at gunpoint outside kirby by WCA in 06.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My point is that PEOPLE do desperate things. You should follow the crime in the Greater Indy Area; not what y'all always seem to assume. Oh, the "normal cast o characters" are present but so are "you".

Be wary of all.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    This. All Circle K stores are posted with No Guns signs near the entrance. Circle K is also the main sponsor of the recent Baton Rouge gun buy back efforts.

Off topic, a coworker tells me that he was told that Circle K bought out the On The Run/Exxon stores. Anyone know if this is true?

They bought a bunch of if not all of them.

Top Bottom