Arrests at SHOT show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Wow I hope it wasn't anyone we know! I wish they would have listed names.

# Daniel Alvirez, 32, and Lee Allen Tolleson, 25, the president and director of acquisitions and logistics at a company in Bull Shoals, Ark., that manufactures and sells law enforcement and military equipment.
    # Helmie Ashiblie, 44, the vice president and founder of a company in Woodbridge, Va., that supplies tactical bags and other security-related articles for law enforcement agencies and governments worldwide.
    # Andrew Bigelow, 40, the managing partner and director of government programs for a Sarasota, Fla., company that sells machine guns, grenade launchers and other small arms and accessories.
    # R. Patrick Caldwell, 61, and Stephen Gerard Giordanella, 50, the current and former chief executive officers of a Sunrise, Fla., company that designs and manufactures concealable and tactical body armor.
    # Yochanan R. Cohen, aka Yochi Cohen, 47, the chief executive officer of a San Francisco company that manufactures security equipment, including body armor and ballistic plates.
    # Haim Geri, 50, the president of a North Miami Beach, Fla., company that serves as a sales agent for companies in the law enforcement and military products industries.
    # Amaro Goncalves, 49, the vice president of sales for a Springfield, Mass., company that designs and manufactures firearms, firearm safety/security products, rifles, firearms systems and accessories
    # John Gregory Godsey, aka Greg Godsey, 37, and Mark Frederick Morales, 37, the owner and agent of a Decatur, Ga., company that sells ammunition and other law enforcement and military equipment
    # Saul Mishkin, 38, the owner and chief executive officer of an Aventura, Fla., company that sells law enforcement and military equipment.
    # John M. Mushriqui, 28, and Jeana Mushriqui, 30, the director of international development and general counsel/U.S. manager of an Upper Darby, Penn., company that manufactures and exports bulletproof vests and other law enforcement and military equipment.
    # David R. Painter, 56, and Lee M. Wares, 43, the chairman and director of a United Kingdom company that markets armored vehicles.
    # Pankesh Patel, 43, the managing director of a United Kingdom company that acts as sales agent for companies in the law enforcement and military products industries
    # Ofer Paz, 50, the president and chief executive officer of an Israeli company that acts as sales agent for companies in the law enforcement and military products industries
    # Jonathan M. Spiller, 58, the owner and president of a Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., company that markets and sells law enforcement and military equipment.
    # Israel Weisler, aka Wayne Weisler, 63, and Michael Sachs, 66, owners and co-chief executive officers of a Stearns, Ky., company that designs, manufactures and sells armor products, including body armor.
    # John Benson Wier III, 46, the president of a St. Petersburg, Fla., company that sells tactical and ballistic equipment.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/22276904/detail.html

:)

Last edited:

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I don't see it as a crime for a private U.S. citizen to do business with a foreign government.
    If we are at war/have issues with the country, it's a different story. And as long as import/export laws are followed.

just me.

Art

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I don't see it as a crime for a private U.S. citizen to do business with a foreign government.
    If we are at war/have issues with the country, it's a different story. And as long as import/export laws are followed.

just me.

Art
    They were using bribes to get contracts.

:)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The crime was bribing a fake public foreign official on US soil. It was a sting job targeting tactical gear and firearms distributors....

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    i am sure there is more to the story, but it doesn't seem like a comission is a bribe, unless they knew some of the "comission" was being used for.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    They nailed Jefferson for the same reason, only that idiot kept the money in his freezer instead of having access to it once he gets out.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What might have happened is they get contacted by the agent who is posing as a governement official for the unnamed african country. He says that the president needs to spend $15,000,000 on armor and weapons for his palace guard. The official then says that in his country "gifts" are used to determine who gets contracts, etc. They give the bribe and are busted.

"The defendants allegedly agreed to pay a 20 percent commission to a sales agent they believed represented the defense minister for an African country. They were trying to win a multimillion-dollar deal to outfit the presidential guard." - Fox News

With the current adminstration in office is it any wonder why this type of business is targeted for the sting. :(

I don't know the details but seems tick tack to me compared to other things that are happening in the country and world elsewhere.

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How is this a bribe? It was between a private company and a foreign official deciding on a contract for supplies. The terms of the contract are between those 2 parties only. This isn't a case of someone buying a political office, which is wrong because it circumvents the will of the people.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    How is this a bribe? It was between a private company and a foreign official deciding on a contract for supplies. The terms of the contract are between those 2 parties only. This isn't a case of someone buying a political office, which is wrong because it circumvents the will of the people.

I'm seeing this the same way.

Art

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anyone who does international business will tell you that such "commissions" are SOP in many places around the world.

Top Bottom