AS PROMISED: Top Shelf Gun Show! July 23rd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    And beer to keep you cool. ;)

Seriously, I would go but all of my spare time is tied up trying to finish our house so we can move in.

Having built several new homes for myself, I can tell you that the "last 5%" of finishing can take forever.

Just take a folding chair and a case of iced-down adult beverage and RELAX !

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Hey guys, I will be selling Crossfire sunglasses at the show. They are polarized, stylish (look like Costas), extremely comfortable, and the durability is unmatched. They are rumored to be able to withstand a .22LR rd from 50ft. I ony have 50 in stock so come early; they sell very fast. Perfect glasses for fishing, hunting, working, and everyday usage. See Y'all Saturday!

Carson

These actually don't look half bad for the 10$-15$ bucks they sell for. They, apparently, have a line of safety glasses that are Z87+ rated. That rating does not mean they can withstand a .22lr, though. It doesn't mean they can't, either. What it does mean is the product has been tested to the standards below:

High Velocity Impact
    (1/4” steel ball at 150 fps)
    High Mass Impact
    (17.6-ounce pointed projectile dropped
    from 51.2 inches)

Which is more stringent than the Z87 standard, but that's not nearly the energy of a .22. Again, they are not rated for that, but the lenses may hold up. Only way to know is shoot a pair.

Will you have any of the Z87+ with you from this line:

http://www.crossfiresafety.com/catalog/safety-eyewear

Last edited:

carson123987

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette/Baton Rouge
    Yep, I will be selling the Z87+ Infinity Model in Brown and Black. I own a pair of each and they are easily the best glasses Ive ever owned. Its unbelievable how light and comfortable they are. Here's a link:

http://www.crossfiresafety.com/catalog/safety-eyewear/item/infinity/infinity-21126

The Offshore company Im buying them from retails them for $40 a piece. I checked on the internet and that's aroud what they sell for on most websites. Since Im buying 50 pairs, Im getting them for 19.43 a pop. While I dont plan on procing them as high as $40, I do need to turn some kind of profit. With shipping and non-liscensed vendor charges, they should be $32-$35 a pair. Like I said theyre polarized and have HD Lenses (they filter blue light which fatigues vision), and with the advertised durability, I think the aforementioned pricing should be adequate. They will definitely be the best glasses you own.

Carson

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Yep, I will be selling the Z87+ Infinity Model in Brown and Black. I own a pair of each and they are easily the best glasses Ive ever owned. Its unbelievable how light and comfortable they are. Here's a link:

http://www.crossfiresafety.com/catalog/safety-eyewear/item/infinity/infinity-21126

The Offshore company Im buying them from retails them for $40 a piece. I checked on the internet and that's aroud what they sell for on most websites. Since Im buying 50 pairs, Im getting them for 19.43 a pop. While I dont plan on procing them as high as $40, I do need to turn some kind of profit. With shipping and non-liscensed vendor charges, they should be $32-$35 a pair. Like I said theyre polarized and have HD Lenses (they filter blue light which fatigues vision), and with the advertised durability, I think the aforementioned pricing should be adequate. They will definitely be the best glasses you own.

Carson

Not bad. The polarized version is more expensive. These are the most logically priced Z87+ glasses with polarization I've seen.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Man I wish I could go to this. Why my best friend had to go and ruin his life this weekend out of all the weekends is beyond me. While all of you guys are getting rid of stuff you don't need and getting more stuff you don't need, Ill be in a penguin suit taking pictures. Grrrrrrrr.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Community Members, I hope this show is a gigantic success! It is a great concept and I truly hope it grabs hold!

I also hope that an NRA recruiter is on site!

Have a great time! Can't wait for the feedback.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Had to cancel my drive down today. Apparently, my debit card was used for a non-authorized purchase. Fun times.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Anyone coming from the east on I-10 there's an accident over whiskey bay. We had just gotten on the elevated section when we had to stop. Divert up to 190 if u can

ucrt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009

Well, there weren't that many tables for my 70 mile drive BUT...I'll go to the next one.

This weekend was the New Orleans Gun Show (Kenner) and I went to Top Shelf instead and...no regrets. Heck, that GS was held 4-weeks ago??

Met some nice people and did manage to pickup several good deals. Ended up leaving about $90 poorer. Oh well.... :)

Thanks for putting this on.

Top Bottom