AS PROMISED: Top Shelf Gun Show! July 23rd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    Don't fret young man! The first of anything is not necessarily the indicator of how it will turn out in the future. Take the first generation of I-phones for instance.

It appears timing may have played a role in your less than anticipated attendance(Kenner Gun Show et al), but you did manage to actually announce it, set it up, and pull it off; which by itself says alot about your character and your commitment.

Most people just talk a good game! And talk is cheap! So kudos to you!

FYI: Start planning your next one now! Look at scheduled dates of other events that attract gun people in the same time frame, ie shoots, gun fairs & shows, hunting seasons, etc.

+1

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Don't fret young man! The first of anything is not necessarily the indicator of how it will turn out in the future. Take the first generation of I-phones for instance.

It appears timing may have played a role in your less than anticipated attendance(Kenner Gun Show et al), but you did manage to actually announce it, set it up, and pull it off; which by itself says alot about your character and your commitment.

Thank you and everyone else for the encouraging words.

Tickets were sold and numbered so there should be an accurate head count.

Total number of people who came through the door- 127

Last edited:

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    If the next one is closer to nola I will definitely be there. I just couldn't bring myself to take the 3 hour drive.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    hope yall had a great turn out!!!! I didnt know about this...Didnt pay attention to the forum !! Instead i wasted a day and went to the lake front gun show!!!! hope to catch the next one

Tenax

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    I want to echo the encouragement on this event. Getting if off the ground is a huge step forward. Don't underestimate your results. Considering the fact that there was a big gun show in NOLA, and an even bigger traffic jam on the spillway, you had a huge success.

I do agree that a location closer to the two major population centers would pay off in terms of attendance and fun. I suggest that you put the word out with a list of your requirements for a venue and see if collectively we can come up with a prime location.

Again, you did a great job on this and I had a wonderful time seeing old friends, talking guns, and learning so much.

Ray Adams

Ray
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    Ray

Small but promising. Hey it will grow given time. We enjoyed ourselves. I didn't buy much just a shirt and bumper stickers. Just didn't see anything that wowed me. Next time I will try and have a table.

Ray,

I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Thanks Josh and good meeting you. Enjoyed the event. I got to bring my son to his first gun show and hang with a friend I've needed to catch up with on the 2 hour drive over.

Also gave me an opportunity to buy stuff in BR on the drive back from another BS member :D

Top Bottom