Ascension parish range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espresso

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Dutchtown La.
    Want to do some pistol shooting at the Ascension parish range (Lamar Dixon ) when it's open to the public. Do they have targets out there?? ..having trouble finding decent targets around town.

Is it a nice place to shoot?

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It used to be the 2nd and 4th thursday of the month. I went and shot there a few times, yeah they have targets and sandbags. Pretty nice place to shoot. One of the RO is a very very nice guy, one is a jackass. He once told me when I was sighting in my .22 before squirrel season last year that I needed to leave to let the serious shooters have more room. He said a .22 wasn't a serious rifle, and I should go to an indoor range :dunno:

Other than him, its a good place man

EDIT: Just saw you said pistols, idk about shooting pistols out there, only people I ever saw shooting them was policemen

espresso

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Dutchtown La.
    Just saw you said pistols, idk about shooting pistols out there, only people I ever saw shooting them was policemen

Yeah I better find that out first-
    I've called the number to the range to ask questions but never get anyone, I'll try leaving a message unless someone else knows if I can shoot a pistol out there.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have seen pistols being fired there on public days and have done so myself. They now have a stack of cross ties set at 25 yards on the 100yd range which is intended as a backstop for pistol shooters.

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    It used to be the 2nd and 4th thursday of the month. I went and shot there a few times, yeah they have targets and sandbags. Pretty nice place to shoot. One of the RO is a very very nice guy, one is a jackass. He once told me when I was sighting in my .22 before squirrel season last year that I needed to leave to let the serious shooters have more room. He said a .22 wasn't a serious rifle, and I should go to an indoor range

That has to be one of the dumbest statements I heard. Who was this guy. was he a kid?

espresso

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Dutchtown La.
    I have seen pistols being fired there on public days and have done so myself. They now have a stack of cross ties set at 25 yards on the 100yd range which is intended as a backstop for pistol shooters.

Thanks...I'll try to get over there one Thurs

He said a .22 wasn't a serious rifle, and I should go to an indoor range

What an Ass....

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Pistols are not allowed one the range at the moment, at least last month they weren't, you should call and check before you make that ride

Top Bottom