Asking too much for my P95?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    It has occured to me that I might be asking a little too much for my stainless Ruger P95. Actually,I don't really know if I am so I'm asking ya'll if I'm even in the ball park. First of all,it is stainless. I do have the case,mag loader and 5 10rnd factory mags. I'm also throwing in a paddle holster an 100 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense.

The 2 factory mags are a given and the other 3 mags are about $30 each...even the 10 rounders. A $20 paddle holster (leather) and 4 boxes (25cnt) of Hornady Critical Defense at around $20 each. That's an extra $160 in accesories and ammo.

The gun by itself with the case and 2 mags would sell for $300 (gun is SS and LNIB). So,that would yield about $460,more or less depending on flexibility of mag prices. I originally priced it at $450 and then brought it down to $425.

Other than no interest in the gun,does it look like I'm at least somewhere in the ballpark? Only reason I'm asking is because I'm seeing fluctuating prices with used and new P95s. It seems distributors can't get enough of them and dealers have no problem selling them.

Anyone have insight to my somewhat senseless thread? Please,enlighten me! LOL

Last edited:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have found that most people do not want to pay for the accessories. They have a number in their head about what a gun is worth, and do not want to pay the cost of the accessories. You will get more money out of it if you part everything out. At least that has been my experience.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    This is true. So,If I were to sell the gun by itself,would 300-325 be fair? However,eventually the buyer will want the extra mags...they always sometimes do and I would discount that. And the ammo...? Well it is ammo. Everybody needs ammo.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Well, I consider the clinton mags (any 10rd mag that could be a "full cap") to be undesireable, and thus not really worth anything. I think I gave my p95 10rd mags away... Anyways, I know stockcar will give you 3 bills for the gun and mags, and I think selling the ammo and holsterr seperately would make up the other 100... Nice looking gun, I would get it but I have a p93...

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I bought a P97 from Heberts for $250. It was used & only 1 mag, & no box, so maybe you could get a more for P95's condition.

In my experiences, if you don't want to wait around for someone to pay top dollar for something, just drop the price 20 or 30 bucks & watch how fast it goes. I have seen people hold on to stuff for MONTHS over 20 bucks!! I guess it all depends on how fast you want to sell it.

BTW - I'm not saying your asking too much. I would think 300 would be a decent price

VAInBread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Rugers are heavy as hell. Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it stops working, you can always beat them to death with it.

whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Seems the market has slowed a bit....I see a lot of guns that would sell in 24 hrs a few months ago now stay on the board for days to weeks.

RocknRolla

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Abita Springs, La
    I agree with parting it out. If you parted it out and listed the gun for 300, I'd buy it (if I already didn't have one....)

If you part it, I might buy those 10 round mags off you. I used to shoot my p95 in production in IPSC and am considering getting back into it.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Everybody is different, but for me to buy used would requires 20% off the lowest new price I could find.
    And that is on something I want.
    If it is something I'm actively looking for and can't find new, then I would pay more. (like a Spike's midlength upper :( )

On you P95, I had one in the past and would like to get one again in the future. BUT.... I want a DC, and right now I'm trying to find the upper mentioned above, and I need to get a safe, and I don't care about 10 round mags, I don't need that much high dollar ammo, BUT.... for the right price I might take it. :)

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Sold my old p95 for for $250 several years ago. Looked great and shot better. Market seems to be slowing down a little. A great thing for buyers. I wouldn't pay or expect more than $275 for it. Extras never add to the base cost.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom