Assailant shot dead after assault in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    there should be an investigation. once the bad guy loses his gun to the good guy he is not a threat anymore so "self defense" is out the window and murder is in. Hope it turns out ok for the shooter and his girlfriend but if the DA wants to after this guy for murder, he can.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    there should be an investigation. once the bad guy loses his gun to the good guy he is not a threat anymore so "self defense" is out the window and murder is in. Hope it turns out ok for the shooter and his girlfriend but if the DA wants to after this guy for murder, he can.

Are you joking?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I think they should look into it, make sure no crazy stuff is going on, but if I can get to a gun to stop someone from sexually assaulting someone, pretty sure the DA will not prosecute. If they do, I will be judged by 12.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

You sir are wrong. If a struggle ensues the perp is a threat.

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans

There will be no investigation and what is obvious no DA indictment. Because every DA knows that NO JURY WOULD CONVICT.
    Human nature and emotions take over in this sort of situation.

When some POS is molesting your wife, girlfriend, son or daughter....etc....The normal emotion is to kill the SOB. And that is what happened.

And that's why no Jury of 12 would ever convict. So what is there to investigate ?

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    There will be no investigation and what is obvious no DA indictment. Because every DA knows that NO JURY WOULD CONVICT.
    Human nature and emotions take over in this sort of situation.

When some POS is molesting your wife, girlfriend, son or daughter....etc....The normal emotion is to kill the SOB. And that is what happened.

And that's why no Jury of 12 would ever convict. So what is there to investigate ?

Or, maybe the shooter hired the thug to kill his GF, had second thoughts. Or perhaps some twisted love triangle? That is what I think should be eliminated. Not likely, but humans are a devious species.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Or, maybe the shooter hired the thug to kill his GF, had second thoughts. Or perhaps some twisted love triangle? That is what I think should be eliminated. Not likely, but humans are a devious species.

Absolutely with you on all of those points. But I am assuming that his and his girlfriend's stories are totally in sync....and the perp probably has a record. The cops seem to agree with the victims here and released them almost immediately.

But I get what you are saying. There are some twisted people out there who are just plain evil. But I am thinking that in this case....the victims are on the up and up.

FWIW...I am curious as to how he disarmed this bad guy and how it all went down. I guess I'll have to wait for Nola.com for more details. :rolleyes:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Believe it or not, the DA intends to investigate the shooter in this case.

What if the woman is a prostitute, the shooter is her pimp and The guy who got shot is a john? It possible it was an armed robbery gone side ways. It
    seems like you'd want the NOPD and the DA to make sure the story checks out.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    There is the truth, what the police were told, and what the evidence is, and what the press prints. I am sure they will not be charged, unless some real crazyness was going on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom