Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/h...ale-of-semi-automatic-weapons/article/2650087

House Democrats have introduced a bill banning semi-automatic firearms in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., announced Monday he is introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018. More than 150 Democrats have signed on in support of the legislation, Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., said.

Full wording of the proposed bill:

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/images/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2018.pdf

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I can only hope, that if this was to actually happen, this forum, will be full of members who are fugitives. I for one, do not intend to accept any sort of ban where I will be prevented from having, buying, or building my guns....

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Yeah, This will get passed just as soon as Trump gets impeached and rides out of DC on a unicorn farting pixie dust.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Rep. David Cicilline, Rep. Ted Deutch, both pro-choice.

The hypocrisy is high with these two.

Let's allow the killing of an unborn baby but our weapons ban will save lives.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/h...ale-of-semi-automatic-weapons/article/2650087

House Democrats have introduced a bill banning semi-automatic firearms in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., announced Monday he is introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018. More than 150 Democrats have signed on in support of the legislation, Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., said.

Full wording of the proposed bill:

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/images/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2018.pdf

I think we will see some changes to our gun laws this year. But I don’t see this bill passing.....at least let’s hope not.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Wow the Yogo PAP M85 (5.56 pistol) didn't make the list but SPECIFICALLY the "Yugo M92 Pistol" did!!!!????? Oh and the CZ Scorpion PISTOL is on the ban, but the Carbine isn't (though the Scorpion I am thinking they are talking about isn't the EVO... its the older pistol... which shoots .32 i believe)... and the Sig MPX isn't! Best of all... the MINI-14 is on the "Allowed" list!!!! Awesome!! hahaha.

I doubt very seriously it will pass... and I saw the most ignorant comment to date... Someone posted on a discussion about the ban...

Why do you need an AR-15? We will never have the same weapons as the military, The Second Amendment was to provide arms in the event of overthrowing a tyrannical government... so why even bother?

SERIOUSLY???? So lets just give up the right altogether? I guess if all media outlets were run by the government, then we should just forget that whole pesky free speech one also.

Oh and to whomever made the comment above about "FUGITIVES" being here if this ignorant bill passes... existing owners would be grandfathered in and therefore unaffected by the bill which would regulate SALES, IMPORT, etc. of the list of firearms.

Last edited:

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    Here is how far this goes: a rifle that holds more than 10 rounds or has a forward grip or has a threaded barrel is prohibited - that means a Ruger 10/22 with a threaded barrel is off limits; a pistol that has a detachable magazine and a threaded barrel is prohibited - no more VP9 Tactical; and any semi-auto version of an automatic firearm is prohibited - does that mean the Glock 17 is prohibited, as it is a semi-auto version of the Glock 18?

Just stupid!

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    and any semi-auto version of an automatic firearm is prohibited - does that mean the Glock 17 is prohibited, as it is a semi-auto version of the Glock 18?

Technically speaking, the G18 is a different firearm altogether, as you cannot swap frames/slides between the two.

Ironically, if they intend to list all semi-automatic firearms, they will end up with a few thousand pages.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Here is how far this goes: a rifle that holds more than 10 rounds and has a threaded barrel is prohibited - that means a Ruger 10/22 with a threaded barrel is off limits; a pistol that holds more than 10 rounds and has a threaded barrel is prohibited - no more VP9 Tactical; and any semi-auto version of an automatic firearm is prohibited - does that mean the Glock 17 is prohibited, as it is a semi-auto version of the Glock 18?

Just stupid!

You better go back and reread it. It's not an "and," it's an "or" requirement. So if it holds more than 10 rounds OR has a threaded barrel OR has a pistol grip OR has a forward grip etc etc. This isn't the Clinton ban where at least 2 features have to be present, it's requirement is only one feature.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    This legislation gets floated every year. It will die in the vine again, and it’ll give us a chance to find out who the turncoat *conservatives* are.

Mike

The country is only moving more left. It’s only a matter of time before something big passes these folks don’t give up.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    The commies said 50+ years ago that they would win by defeating us from the inside.

Yet another reason for the 2nd Amendment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom