ATF beginning to investigate group buys of firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazy_mike

Cautious
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    after reading the first post, from what i am gathering, a group buy can still be done by one individual as far as collecting the money seeing you are paying a gun shop/pawn shop to order/pay the manufacturer. This is not illegal seeing you are not ordering the guns nor handling the guns but your own, when a background check is being ran on each individual person. Also you can not have a firearm shipped to your home, If you apply for a FFL you need a store front.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    after reading the first post, from what i am gathering, a group buy can still be done by one individual as far as collecting the money seeing you are paying a gun shop/pawn shop to order/pay the manufacturer. This is not illegal seeing you are not ordering the guns nor handling the guns but your own, when a background check is being ran on each individual person. Also you can not have a firearm shipped to your home, If you apply for a FFL you need a store front.

You are incorrect. The ATF is now saying an unlicensed individual cannot collect the money, only an FFL can collect the money.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

There's not much of anything in your post that correct at all.

Show me where the BATFE has told you in writing that you "Need a store front"

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    There's not much of anything in your post that correct at all.

Show me where the BATFE has told you in writing that you "Need a store front"

This is what i was told by two friends that applied for their FFL and both had to rent a place for a store front and could not be at their house.

Local laws did not allow for this not the ATF.

Last edited:

geoney

Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    This is what i was told by two friends that applied for their FFL and both had to rent a place for a store front and could not be at their house.

FFL must be a business. In order for it to be at your home, your local zoning must allow for a business at your home address. If not zoned properly, cannot be your house.

That is what I was told when I looked into it earlier this year.

Request Dust Off

Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    My understanding:
    The FFL and storefront depends on where you are. It is what who governs your location allows that is the factor.

Some table tops are grandfathered in but new table tops are not allowed in some areas.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

Thats very different from what you said in your original post.

Baton Rouge is not allowing FFL's from home anymore either. Has nothing to do with the BATFE

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Baton Rouge is not allowing FFL's from home anymore either. Has nothing to do with the BATFE

This was a "recommendation" given to the Planing and Zoning Commission from Kip Holden because of his involvement in the "Mayors Against Gun Violence". This isn't a new law and if you fight it it will not hold up to the water mark of law.

All American Gunsmithing LLC
    Baton Rouge L.A.

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    Thats very different from what you said in your original post.

you are correct it was my understanding it was the BATFE, however when i asked both of them again it was due to local laws with zoning, and have looked into it myself since where i live, is zoned commercial/residential, i could in fact apply for FFL.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    If you use an ffl who is an atf shill would you be okay to still collect the money, considering they are unable to track anything from those sources?

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    This was a "recommendation" given to the Planing and Zoning Commission from Kip Holden because of his involvement in the "Mayors Against Gun Violence". This isn't a new law and if you fight it it will not hold up to the water mark of law.

All American Gunsmithing LLC
    Baton Rouge L.A.

I never said it was "Law" It's a zoning issue

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom