Atlanta PD orders 2,300 Gen 4 Glock 22 Pistols.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Correct, they have been using S&W products for more than 70 years and their latest pistol from S&W was the M&P.

I didn't know they had M&P's. The last people I know that went to APD all complained about the big metal guns. That was way back around 2003-2004 though...

JR1572

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So...anyone know of any other cases where the M&P was abandoned for the Glock? Seems like I've heard a few folks over the years (not on here) crow about it when it's the other way around....:D

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    So...anyone know of any other cases where the M&P was abandoned for the Glock? Seems like I've heard a few folks over the years (not on here) crow about it when it's the other way around....:D

The top four Glock, S&W, Sig and HK are always trying to get new LEA contracts and occasionally they get a contract that previously belonged to one of the other brands.

LA_LEO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The FBI and LSP are looking at going back to the 9mm preferably the G17.

Are they looking into the internal ballistics again? Or is it that Officers are complaining about the recoil? Its always the pistols fault, never the operator who pulled the trigger!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Are they looking into the internal ballistics again? Or is it that Officers are complaining about the recoil? Its always the pistols fault, never the operator who pulled the trigger!

I am of the impression they are looking at results of OIS and improvements in the 9mm round in recent years among other things.
    Faster follow up, more rounds, less cost, improved shooting, comparable results, etc.
    They MAY be involved with development of a 9mm round to meet their needs.
    There are rumors everywhere about the possible change but no real hard facts.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Don't stone me to death...

I remember hearing something about a Glock factory several years ago, I believe this was finished but I don't recall ever hearing or seeing anyhting about US made Glocks. Admittedly I am not looking very hard but this thread has made me curious.

Can anyone shed some light?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Don't stone me to death...

I remember hearing something about a Glock factory several years ago, I believe this was finished but I don't recall ever hearing or seeing anyhting about US made Glocks. Admittedly I am not looking very hard but this thread has made me curious.

Can anyone shed some light?

Yes, they are building Glocks in Georgia.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I was told yesterday that it was squashed for LSP due to budget of switching everyone who has a G22 over.

The LSP is probably on a shoestring budget but the change over would cost less than $150,000 as the duty gear would not have to change.

in625shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Actually Glock offers agencies that have S&W M&P's brand new Glocks for the M&P's for free. Then Glock makes more money selling the M&P's it's a money making by Glock selling a superior product! :mamoru:

Top Bottom