Atlas Shrugged - the movie *April 15th 2011*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • computerchuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Utah
    I'm not sure this has been covered already, but in case it hasn't...

Ayn Rand's most influential and popular book (possibly her largest, 1100+ pages) has finally come to the big screen. By the time I finished reading the book, I felt like I was a different person. Not that I agreed with everything she wrote about (especially her atheistic premises - FULL of holes!) , but some of her objectivism (a term she coined) philosophy and almost all of her economic philosophies I agree with. If you believe in personal and economic freedom, then Atlas Shrugged is all about that struggle.

I truely hope that the movie is well done to portray the best parts of her book and has a massive impact on our countries culture. If you haven't read the book yet, I recommend it highly! It may even be more current today than in 1957 when she published it.

The link to the movies web site is: http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/

The trailers look good. The few snapshot scenes they've released there sound just like how the book is written.

We are fortunate in Utah to have so many theaters showing this movie. I hope it is financially viable and makes a dent in the progressive's ideological armor.

with best regards and a grateful heart,
    Chuck

PS.

I wanted to add this. It comes from an email I received today from FreedomWorks.org.

Go See Atlas Shrugged: Part One

Dear Chuck,

On April 15, the film adaptation of Ayn Rand's classic novel Atlas Shrugged hits over 300 theaters across America. The film, Atlas Shrugged: Part One, celebrates values Tea Party activists hold dear: limited government, free markets and individual liberty.

In the film, the productive members of society or "Atlases" who hold up the world, slowly disappear and thus "shrug" from under the weight of a government that undervalues, suppresses and demonizes individual achievement.

Even though it was written more than 50 years ago, Rand's story shares ominous similarities with our nation today. Government bailouts of failing enterprises, crony capitalists perverting the free market and the skyrocketing price of oil—all newspaper headlines today—are themes ripped right from the pages of Atlas Shrugged.

And while the book and the film are fiction, the message hits home because when we look around at our floundering economy and hapless political leaders, one thing is clear: Atlas IS Shrugging.

To show this, we just released a mashup video and quiz showing the parallels between rhetoric used by Democrats today and government bureaucrats in the film. Watch it here and take our quiz:

Atlas Shrugged: Part One has the opportunity to introduce millions more around the world to the philosophy of freedom. Go see this film, and if it's not playing near you, demand that your theater shows Atlas Shrugged: Part One. If the message of individual liberty in Atlas Shrugged inspires you like it does me, please consider a donation to help us continue spreading this important message across America.

In Liberty,
    Matt Kibbe
    President and CEO, FreedomWorks

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    was going to go see it but damn transmission needs to be fixed instead. :mad:

Rave on Oneal is playing it.

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    I'd probably make an effort to go see it... but if it's as execrable and ponderous as the novel is, sitting through it could be torture.

P7M8

"IE" Chantilly Import
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Metro New Orleans Area
    I've read the book and thought the movie was well done. I was a bit concerned when it was rushed to production with a low budget and little known cast and director in order to keep the rights. It was originally slated for Jolie then Theron to play Dagny Taggert. When I saw the MSM reviews were negative I knew it was going to be good. I could give a $#!T what Ebert or other left wing idiots say about the movies I want to see.

Last edited:

lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    Is it playing anywhere in Baton Rouge? I saw one theater in New Orleans is supposedly playing it.

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    Saw this at Canal Place in New Orleans... very good movie, you can see this as a possible future with what is going on now. heck very nice upgrade to the theater too. They get assigned seating and a menu (food and drinks). Oh and 21 and over only in the theater, due to the full bar.

Top Bottom