ATTN: Verizon Wireless Customers - Break out your tinfoil

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    ...and wrap it around your phone instead of your head...

Report: Feds getting phone records of all Verizon customers

WASHINGTON The National Security Agency currently is collecting the telephone records of millions of U.S. customers of Verizon under a top secret court order, Britain's Guardian newspaper said Wednesday.

The order was granted by the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court on April 25 and was good until July 19, the newspaper said. The order requires Verizon, one of the nation's largest telecommunications companies, on an "ongoing, daily basis" to give the NSA information on all telephone calls in its systems, both within the U.S. and between the U.S. and other countries.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You beat me to the punch!! :D Mods- please delete or merge my thread......

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    We would be completely naive to think that the Feds haven't been doing this for YEARS.... all carriers, all phones, and likely, all data. Remember that we're living under a tyranny disguised as a representative republic. Can we name any rules, laws, or restrictions on the government that are actually followed? Once you get high enough in the system, individuals exercise whatever power they want, so as long as they don't get caught by watchdogs or media.

It's also important to note that no one specifically cares about 99.99% of these phone calls.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    1lfilt7rqkl6fbcrbl35.gif

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Well, I've already gone through my house and gathered up every roll of Reynolds wrap I had stashed. I gave it up. I'm a recovering tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist prepper... Or so they say.

But yeah, this ain't nothing new. Big brother be monitoring everything.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Once you get high enough in the system, individuals exercise whatever power they want, so as long as they don't get caught by watchdogs or media..

I remember a time when this was one and the same for the good of the country as a whole? :wtc:

And since one of these two is dead and gone, and the other gets constantly marginalized by what's left of the other; I'd say the scumbags are free to roam!

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Obama is going for broke; I just hope his broke-d!ck administration continues to expose itself for the potential tyranny it is.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It did start under Bush. I'm not taking up for the Bush administration, but from what I have gleaned from reading other articles the Bush folks were way more selective. They were not collecting as near as much as the powers that be in DC are doing at this point in time. I have read more that one article that states that they are collecting every single phone call, email etc for every person in the US. Although not my original idea, I do believe that they will keep encroaching on our freedom under the guise of protecting us from Terrorism. They will not stop until they are forced to. Either it will be at the ballot box or by blood in the streets. No matter what country you live in, people are people, and when they have had enough whether it be hunger, over taxation, or political tyranny the common people will revolt. It has been repeated over and over again throughout human history. The administration in DC has gotten so bad that the ultra liberal New York Times has said just today that Obama has no more credibility. Hopefully this is the small crack in the dam that will later give way to a giant swell of individuals going to the ballot box and removing these pretenders. Good luck peeps its going to get crazy in the US in the near future

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    It did start under Bush. I'm not taking up for the Bush administration, but from what I have gleaned from reading other articles the Bush folks were way more selective. They were not collecting as near as much as the powers that be in DC are doing at this point in time. I have read more that one article that states that they are collecting every single phone call, email etc for every person in the US. Although not my original idea, I do believe that they will keep encroaching on our freedom under the guise of protecting us from Terrorism. They will not stop until they are forced to. Either it will be at the ballot box or by blood in the streets. No matter what country you live in, people are people, and when they have had enough whether it be hunger, over taxation, or political tyranny the common people will revolt. It has been repeated over and over again throughout human history. The administration in DC has gotten so bad that the ultra liberal New York Times has said just today that Obama has no more credibility. Hopefully this is the small crack in the dam that will later give way to a giant swell of individuals going to the ballot box and removing these pretenders. Good luck peeps its going to get crazy in the US in the near future

Totally agree.. 100% Of course you realize how dificult it is to make some folks believe that?? Even when you show them over and over again they refuse to believe..

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So....Does anyone know of a reputable Chinese ISP they can recommend?

I'd like to find a more secure web-browsing experience. :p

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Sorry, man! Don't allow your intelligence and awareness of current or political events to fog your hope. We live amongst some REALLY, REALLY clueless people! And if you throw in those that just don't care what's going on around them, particularly concerning government, you have a very large populace that won't do anything differently.

If ever there were a more perfect example of people trained like monkeys (remain ignorant), to do circus tricks (vote for who we say), on demand, it's the American people in general.

I don't share your optimism for change at the ballot box.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    What's the difference between this and a gov't employee coming into your home & reading your mail? Or tapping your home phone?

This is scary $hit. Unless of course you totally trust the schmucks in DC who at the moment are under heavy fire for running amuck in the "taking liberties" department.....

This country needs a serious enema- and I don't care if someone reads that. :dunno:

Top Bottom