Audubon Bridge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    Ok, I'm hearing that the bridge is gonna open tomorrow morning, given that the river rises to a point they have to close the ferry. Anyone on here privy to information that can confirm this? I live in St Francisville and work in New Roads, so knowing I will be able to get to work without having to drive to BR first would be nice.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Ok, I'm hearing that the bridge is gonna open tomorrow morning, given that the river rises to a point they have to close the ferry. Anyone on here privy to information that can confirm this? I live in St Francisville and work in New Roads, so knowing I will be able to get to work without having to drive to BR first would be nice.

I heard this same news on the radio this morning.

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    The news stated Saturday but now I'm hearing Thursday. I live approx: 8 miles from the bridge on the New Road's side, it will be nice having the bridge, my wife and I dine often in St. Francisville. The grandchildren will miss the ferry.

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    The grandchildren will miss the ferry.

Yeah, but I won't. I've had to burn to much precious fuel going all the way around becuase it's broken down or they closed early, or they had to move the landing. I'm SOOOOO ready for this bridge.

I can't remember, is this thing gonna be a toll bridge or not?

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Charlie, the ferry was our free entertainment when we were kids, ride back and forth all day; didn't have to pay unless you got off in BR; then it was something like 10 cents for the ride, the go to the 'picture show' at the Paramount theatre, get in there for around 25 cents and a few RC bottle caps; stayed to late in BR plenty nights and had to call parents to come pick me up after ferry quit running.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I live in Zachary and work in St Francisville and the bridge has looked pretty much ready to go for the last week or so. I think they are trying to get it open before the high water starts to be real bad. We got word today at work that the river will crest at 57.5' at Bayou Sara in St Francisville.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom