Authorities plan to use heat-ray beam in jail

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    serious question: what rights do prisoners have (retain) or not have (lose) once they are incarcerated? I mean, it's prison, right? We're probably talking about grown people who used to be the kids that didn't get paddled in school.

simple solution: be good and don't get burned by the heat ray.

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    They have more rights than you think.

They have a right to 3 meals a day, (1) of which MUST be hot.

They have a right to free medical access (dental included)

They have a right to "adequate" sleeping arrangements.

They have a right to the law library.

They have a right to be free from "imminent danger".

If no one (read family/friends) provides basic necessities (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, deodorant) they have a right to receive them from whatever institution they are in.

They have a right to watch the news (read "cable television") or "adequate" substitute.

They have a right to practice their religion. They are taken weekly to a prayer center in the facility. They even have priests or imam's brought in for them.

They have a right to complain to the State if they feel that they are being treated unfairly.

It costs taxpayers over $30,000 a year to house 1 INMATE!!!!

I hope that laser beam turns them into little sissies!

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They are HUMANS. The fact that YOU frequent this board puts YOU on someone's list of the potential future incarcerated. If not worse.

When we okay one group's human rights to be curtailed we do the same to self.

I don't care to be around the majority of those in prison any more than the rest of you but if we sanction their abuse then we cannot complain about gov't abuses to us.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    They are HUMANS. The fact that YOU frequent this board puts YOU on someone's list of the potential future incarcerated. If not worse.

really? sorry but the current laws are such that what we're doing here and in real life regarding firearms is still legal. we're not criminals yet, so it's apples and oranges. the difference is, if we are criminals it will be because someone has criminalized our activity, after the fact. those guys that are already in prison are there by their own hand for crimes that were committed after the laws were on the books.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    really? sorry but the current laws are such that what we're doing here and in real life regarding firearms is still legal. we're not criminals yet, so it's apples and oranges. the difference is, if we are criminals it will be because someone has criminalized our activity, after the fact. those guys that are already in prison are there by their own hand for crimes that were committed after the laws were on the books.
    Yeah, that's what the Gypsies, anti-Nazis and so-called Jews said, too. :rolleyes:

These people are the equivalent of the canary in the coal mine.

Ignore it at your own peril. :squint:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Yeah, that's what the Gypsies, anti-Nazis and so-called Jews said, too.

These people are the equivalent of the canary in the coal mine.

Ignore it at your own peril.

sorry; I'm still not convinced that we shouldn't use the heat ray, a non-lethal weapon, on criminals when they are unruly or rioting. how do you feel about tasers and/or bean-bag rounds from a 12ga?

this is just like the argument against the DWI roadblocks in the sense that some people don't like what's been proposed or going on but just bitch and offer no alternative solution. what would you do?

do you spank your children, or are you a time-out kind of guy?

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    sorry; I'm still not convinced that we shouldn't use the heat ray, a non-lethal weapon, on criminals when they are unruly or rioting. how do you feel about tasers and/or bean-bag rounds from a 12ga?

this is just like the argument against the DWI roadblocks in the sense that some people don't like what's been proposed or going on but just bitch and offer no alternative solution. what would you do?

do you spank your children, or are you a time-out kind of guy?
    If it's only used on rioting persons it's okay. DO you think the plan is not to use it on upset, hungry Americans when the music stops? Perish the thought, my friend.

The DWI Roadblocks violate the spirit of Liberty. I don't care how many "lives are saved". I guess what you're suggesting is that the ends justify the means. Perhaps only in a few situations, but that IS what you're suggesting.

I don't have any kids. I've raised dogs. I reserve the right to discipline any one/thing in my immediate presence as deemed necessary including lethal force if my immediate biological viability is threatened. ;)

Surely, we can agree on the last sentence. Yeah, you can borrow it without royalty. :D

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I reserve the right to discipline any one/thing in my immediate presence as deemed necessary including lethal force if my immediate biological viability is threatened. ;)

Surely, we can agree on the last sentence. Yeah, you can borrow it without royalty. :D

Thanks, and yes we do. In fact, you make my case for me.

The prisons also only need to "reserve the right to discipline any one/thing in <their> immediate presence as deemed necessary including lethal force if <their> immediate biological viability is threatened. ;)"

The DWI Roadblocks violate the spirit of Liberty. I don't care how many "lives are saved". I guess what you're suggesting is that the ends justify the means. Perhaps only in a few situations, but that IS what you're suggesting.

It absolutely, positively most certainly is. I don't drink and drive, nor do I have anything to hide so I don't give a flying rat's ass about violating the rights of drunks to nail their asses and get them off the same roads that my tax dollars fund. Yes, the (potential) end justifies the means. And no, I don't mind stopping at them. I kind of enjoy watching the assholes falling all over the place.

WTF is the "spirit of Liberty"? To me, liberty comes with responsibility and if we (society as a whole) can't be responsible then we have willingly given up a certain degree of liberty. What does that mean? How can we get it back? That means that we need to have swift justice and harsh penalties; bottom line. It means if we want that liberty back that you're talking about, we need to hire (vote in) people that are about doing the business of the majority, and the majority of the people I know are against drunk drivers.

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    As gun owners we are a pen stroke from being criminals......

yes, we already covered that... ;)

...the current laws are such that what we're doing here and in real life regarding firearms is still legal. we're not criminals yet, so it's apples and oranges. the difference is, if we are criminals it will be because someone has criminalized our activity, after the fact. those guys that are already in prison are there by their own hand for crimes that were committed after the laws were on the books.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Oh, Dear!!

It absolutely, positively most certainly is. I don't drink and drive, nor do I have anything to hide so I don't give a flying rat's ass about violating the rights of drunks to nail their asses and get them off the same roads that my tax dollars fund. Yes, the (potential) end justifies the means. And no, I don't mind stopping at them. I kind of enjoy watching the assholes falling all over the place.

WTF is the "spirit of Liberty"? To me, liberty comes with responsibility and if we (society as a whole) can't be responsible then we have willingly given up a certain degree of liberty. What does that mean? How can we get it back? That means that we need to have swift justice and harsh penalties; bottom line. It means if we want that liberty back that you're talking about, we need to hire (vote in) people that are about doing the business of the majority, and the majority of the people I know are against drunk drivers.

Wow.... :eek3:

And you knock Obama, the Dems, the Libs, et als, eh? You ask for and "enjoy" the violations of your liberties, by your own words!

You DO know about this bald, old white guy named Ben Franklin don't you? Well he said something that resonates with this Black guy (a descendant of slaves, no less) that those who give up essential liberties for promises of safety deserve neither. And they GET NEITHER. Your beliefs run counter the Founders on the subject of Liberty - as well as mine.

Dude, your philosophy is weakening this nation.

Further more I could NOT care less about what the majority "feel". This is a Republic not a democracy. They are diametrically opposed to one another. Look it up when you have the time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom